[GS] What are you most excited for?

What (max 3)new additions/changes Gathering Storm will bring are you most excited for?

• New Civs / leaders

Votes: 55 48.2%
  • New and improvements to infrastructure (canals, mountain tunnels, railroads)

Votes: 44 38.6%
  • New world and natural wonders

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • New victory type with the Diplomatic victory

Votes: 45 39.5%
  • World congress special sessions / emergencies (Aid requests, world games, ...)

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • Natural disasters (volcanoes, different storms, floods,...)

Votes: 53 46.5%
  • Power system and climate impact

Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Jersey system

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • New (military) units

• Changes to current victory types we know so far (culture - rock bands)

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 7.9%

• Total voters
I'm most excited for the two most minor things:
  • Build queue and the ability to quickly jump to units/buildings/wonders/projects, because in the late eras when you have nothing usefull to build and you can only repeat great people projects that take like 3 turns to complete and requires you to scroll two screens down!
  • Jersey system. Only now in my recent game I realised how much we need that. Check the image - I didn't set this situation anyhow, it was completely random. I was wondering why was one yellow city getting negative loyatly pressure in the middle of yellow cities and only then I realised that I was looking at 3 different yellow civs that spawned together. And to make things even better, I was Gorgo and I met England on another island. Fortunatelly we were far away from each other until I decided to conquer some of her cities. That was also a nightmare!
Spoiler show screenshot :

I voted other. And I'll probably receive flak for this.

I am honestly most excited for the fact that (hopefully) Gathering Storm marks the end of the development cycle for Civ 6. And I am one of those who previously wished for a third expansion. Don't get me wrong; I will buy the expansion (already pre-ordered actually) and probably put hundreds of hours into it. But I am more excited for a new version of Civilization, one where they (developers) have learned from their mistakes, and offer us a fresh, new product. I just don't think the problems (as I see them) can be fixed with expansions. This game has offered me the least "One more turn" moments in my Civilization playing. Yes, I'm an old geezer (40) who is jaded and maybe just burnt-out on the franchise as a whole, since I have been playing since Civilization II.

I'm most excited to be conquering and annexing Canada. :borg:

New Civs and abilities is definitely the thing i'm the most excited for right now, but the feature I'm really looking forward are the new map generation mechanics. Civ 6 has some of the worst map generation I've seen in Civ (actually, Civ 4's map generation may be *even worse* but that's two games ago and Civ 5 did NOT have this problem.)

Looking forward to the new Civs. Especially Canada, the Inca and the Mauri.

Excited about canals finally making their long awaited debut and mountain tunnels as well.

Not looking forward to some of the other things being added in, though, so I'll adopt a wait and see attitude.

I just noticed a missing poll option. Scenarios. Granted, we only have 2, so it's not a big feature. Anyone looking forward to them? Rise and Fall kind of felt weird without scenarios to be honest. But on the other hand, I don't think we need a ridiculous number of scenarios with an expansion pack, I would say new features are more welcome. 2 seems like a good number of scenarios. I haven't really heard enough about them to get excited about them, but we'll see. I admit I was more into scenarios in Civ5. Civ 4's scenarios I hardly remember, the fan made ones seemed better.

I just noticed a missing poll option. Scenarios. Granted, we only have 2, so it's not a big feature. Anyone looking forward to them? Rise and Fall kind of felt weird without scenarios to be honest. But on the other hand, I don't think we need a ridiculous number of scenarios with an expansion pack, I would say new features are more welcome. 2 seems like a good number of scenarios. I haven't really heard enough about them to get excited about them, but we'll see. I admit I was more into scenarios in Civ5. Civ 4's scenarios I hardly remember, the fan made ones seemed better.
I've liked some of Civ6's scenarios so far, particularly the Viking one and the religious Asia one, so I'll surely play the new GS scenarios at some point, though probably not until after I've given a few of the new civs a go.

Rivers being named appropriate to the Civ is pretty cool. I've always thought they should do that. Hopefully they'll have that for oceans, bays, gulfs, etc.

Grievances, the Gun Deployment Rig, SUPER TALL as the Inca, a unique Commercial Hub, disasters, map rework...

World Congress and the related victory: from what has been seen looks like it have a lot of potential (to be seen the whole implementation) and has been vastly improved compared to civ5 (which actually was an economic victory).

Third thing i'm waiting/hoping for is the new infrastructure/tech/culture tree. The late game has currently a bit boring tree (a bit worried about the GDR, but we'll see the whole balance).

Of course everything else is welcome too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom