1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What BNW civ will you play first?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by digrosz, May 27, 2013.

1. Crafty Bison

Crafty Bison King

1. Indonesia
    2. Brazil
    3. Portugal
    4. Zulus
    5. Poland
    6. Assyria
    7. Morocco

Actually I think It'll be Brazil first, so I can get accustomed to the new culture victory and archaeology mechanics. Indonesia I'm pretty sure will be the most interesting and the one I play most before putting random on. Portugal next, and then Zulu's, just to check out what their UB gives for promo's; could make war more fun? After that I'm not really bothered, will probs put it on random after that.

PS: This feels like the kind of question that should have been a poll?

2. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

I plan to hammer seaborne trade and it's going to be a civ that reflects that - Venice if in, or maybe England. Not Carthage because they were my major enemy in the last game and I'm still fuming at the backstab they dealt me. And not Portugal because their special abilities sounds kind of underwhelming.

England has the further advantages of being the home team, having a nice colour scheme and relieving me of the need to deal with the England diplo screen - Elizabeth's voice boils my urine.

But in the normal way I just roll a random civ (restarting if one of the suckier ones is drawn) and may do so again here.

I am surely interested in other new civs - Poland and Assyria in particular - but the single biggest novelty, seaborne trade routes, is something I've been waiting for since the very beginning of the series (CTP2 was crap and doesn't count) and I happen to work at sea anyway so :king:

3. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

My first civ I'm in doubt between Brazil and Indonesia.

4. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Polynesia

They seem to benefit a lot from all the new mechanics, so I want to try them, experiment with the new stuff, and get to see all the new leaderheads.

5. PerceeP927

PerceeP927 Warlord

I'll play as a non BNW civ against the ai's of all the BNW civs. See them all for myself first, probably play as songhai as usual. The first one I use for myself, and possibly my new main civ, will be Zulu.

6. MarauderCH

MarauderCH Warlord

7. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

Poland. I want to see how early you can get a culture victory, and I'll use the free policies to max out Aesthetics asap (well, as soon as I have maxed out tradition) and unlock some Policies only for the wonders.
    Next in line will probably be Brazil or an annunounced civ if it's focused on culture/tourism.

8. wizzzi

wizzzi Chieftain

Zulus [pimp]

9. Absolution

Absolution King

Definitely Venice!:lol:

10. PreLynMax

PreLynMax Your Lord and Master

Most likely, I'd try Shaka. His UA and UU seems OP on paper...
    But I would try a non BNW civ like France or Ethiopia (?) first, just to test out the new mechanics.

11. Gali

Gali Prince

Poland first. I'll be playing on Prince to sandbox the new mechanics. All those extra SP will make exploring the updated Social policies easier.

Then probably Morocco or Indonesia.

12. Botswana

Botswana Chieftain

Morocco. I love playing as desert civs.

13. Montezumas Hat

Montezumas Hat Chieftain

BNW civ? Almost definitely Poland. Love the colors, I love getting pastures/stables (idk why), the UU sounds great and the UA fits perfectly with my crusading desire for free social policies. This is assuming Venice or the still unknown last Civ don't end up looking more exciting.

I might also play with one of my regular Civs first though, to get used to BNW. Or old Civs that got changed. Though, as I say that, I can't see why I'd do that when I'm already dying to play all the new ones.

In fact, I'll probably play all the new/redone civs in a row. Roughly this order: Poland > Morocco > Indonesia > Brazil/Portugal > France/Zulu. I probably won't play Assyria because they seem way too boring.

14. Melo-Franco

Melo-Franco Warlord

1) Morocco
    2) Brazil
    3) France (new version)
    4) Hopefully Germany, I hope Germany will be rebuilt as well
    5) Portugal
    6) Poland
    7) Venice renamed as POOR CHOICE FIRAXIS

15. crawf0rd

crawf0rd The One and Only

probably indonesia. I will REX and then rape with my kris swordsmen (hopefully)

16. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Brazil. Want to get a new cultral victory first

17. Xen

Xen Magister

Venice, followed by Poland - unless the Venetian UU is just a ship, in which case, Poland!

18. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

I'll probably try out either the new France or Morocco first unless the abilities of one of the 2 remaining civs really grabs my attention. I do know that my first game will be an attempt at a culture victory.

...And probably several games after that, too.

19. Hyperion529

Hyperion529 Prince

i'm starting with venice, portugal or brazil (vote for pedro!) and go for the diplomatic route

20. HemlockMartinis

HemlockMartinis Chieftain

Revamped France or Venice. I can't wait to try out the new culture systems.