What can store ScriptData?

I think I'll go with TC01's code or stick a dictionary on plot (0,0); I already know none of the scenarios use that for a solar system and I can probably make the game skip loading systems from it.
At least you have a plan, and the tool you need at your disposal. The best of luck with it! :king:

As for not knowing about dictionaries (other than being aware that they exist), that has to do with the fact that even though I've done stuff in python for civ for years now, most of my programming is in C++, so even when programming in python, I still approaching from the perspective of a C++ programmer.
Why use Python if you know C++? Oh yeah, your actually mod-modding, right? So the language isn't really your choice then.

But still, you could probably pick any such Python concept up in like 5 minutes with all that C++ experience. I so I would think... And I doubt you would view these things as complex once you look into them. Because they really are not.

Well, it is my mod, but the scenarios are actually a mod-mod of my mod at this point a mod-mod of Final Frontier Plus (itself a mod-mod of Final Frontier). So it's complex. Mostly the language choice is because I'm doing all this stuff for scripted events that basically trigger like this on onBeginGameTurn:
Code:
if(iGameTurn == num):
    self.doEvent()

The scriptdata stuff is for the more complex ones that rely on when other events occur etc. I really only need one of the entries in DS9, so I think I'll get rid of the other two (they can use methods in civ's python API to determine the game state as needed).

Well, I got everything fixed. Well, everything I posed about anyways. I have to figure out why the scenario's python is suddenly broken even though it worked three years ago just fine; not really inclined to do that until I update the scenario fully (wanted to get started early on the event system).

No exceptions? So it would be a semantic error then?

A few odds and ends; at least some of the code that works Enterprise isn't working, there's a weird solar system issue, and a python exception in the war declaration method which isn't needed. Since there are extensive python changes in the update (more like putting scenario specific stuff in the new version, actually), I'm not really worried about it (minus the Enterprise issue, because that's scenario-specific code).

Oh, any Python exception might make some other code fail. You basically can't have any exceptions, so get rid of it - and chances are that it will work again. So you need to worry about all exceptions.

What basically happens when an exception occurs is that the Python translator gives up, it quits. So if there is any other calls happening after the defunct one, those will never be made. This would explain all the stuff you're describing.

Looks like the war declaration stuff was having fallout then - both pieces happen afterwards (I think, I didn't do a full trace). I'll probably just return out of that function if I can't figure it out - it will change in the upgrade as some team issues with it were discovered well after the scenario in question was made, not that this scenario needs that function anyways. Why this function if suddenly breaking now is a good question.

Top Bottom