What do you want to see in Civ6 MP?

I did also like how Civ4 did distribute uneven numbers of players on the map. I'm talking about 5 player, 7 player, etc. Civ 5 seems to require even number of players to make balanced placements with about the same space to expand upon. If you chose a small map, 5 players, in Civ5 it seems to randomly generate a map template for 6 players, then distributing the 5 players among those 6 starting spots.

If I am not mistaken, when multiple players are completing the same wonder at the same turn, it's always the first player on the game setup who gets the wonder. In other words, if player 1 and player 5 compete for the same wonder and they have the same turns to complete, it's always player 1 who gets the wonder. I believe we can have a more balanced mechanism here.

Also, in Civ V, if multiple civs have the same number of votes when deciding who's going to make a new proposal in the World Congress, the one who goes earlier in turn order is always going to win. If they are tied during next election, the civ going 2nd wins, then the one going 3d and so on, but in practice that is a very rare occasion. This is absolutely fine in single player, because the human player is always going first, but in MP it may feel like cheating.
There is no world congress in Civ VI, but my hope is if they ever decide to implement some system like that, they will keep MP experience in mind.
Come to think of it, when it comes to recruiting a great person in Civ VI, if two civs reach an amount of points necessary to hire the same person at the same time, will the civ going first be able to ninja him?

PitBoss as implemented in Civ IV. And a good toolset for mapmakers to easily make a good balanced Multiplayer map.

1/The ability to modify the speed of science and production in the Game setup
2/Canals either as a wonder (Suez or Panama) or the ability to build them say for a distance of two to three hex's across an isthmus to create a pathway for naval vessels and shipping/traders.
3/Corporations I missed that from Civ4.
4/Truly upgrade-able scouts maybe to explorers/sniper/scouts?
5/An in game editor!

Some kind of ranking/ladder and penalties for leavers. Doubt they'll happen, but I want them.

I agree, leavers are the bane of Civ 5. It's nearly impossible to even get to the medevil era without atleast 1-2 leavers if not more. There needs to be a major penalty to repeat offenders.

1/The ability to modify the speed of science and production in the Game setup
2/Canals either as a wonder (Suez or Panama) or the ability to build them say for a distance of two to three hex's across an isthmus to create a pathway for naval vessels and shipping/traders.
3/Corporations I missed that from Civ4.
4/Truly upgrade-able scouts maybe to explorers/sniper/scouts?
5/An in game editor!

This is offtopic, this is in regards to MP

But in regards to Canals

An improvement, must be adjacent to a city or another canal, and must be adjacent to a costal tile.

Above everything, I just want this one to not bug up, glitch, lag, or crash during multiplayer games. Several of my friends had Civ V but basically every time the fun would get ruined by something going wrong with the game itself. Truly bizarre.

Features-wise, I'd hope that mods are actually usable in multiplayer this time around.

Good feedback, and I'm sure the Dev's are reading this. So keep the comments coming.

CS

Some kind of ranking/ladder and penalties for leavers. Doubt they'll happen, but I want them.

This.

Ideal would be if the player(s) who face a leaver can decide what penalty to give. Whenerever it is a ragequit after a lost war or a unfortunate disconnect. Ranging to zero/minimal to harsh.

This.

Ideal would be if the player(s) who face a leaver can decide what penalty to give. Whenerever it is a ragequit after a lost war or a unfortunate disconnect. Ranging to zero/minimal to harsh.

Well I know I definitely take the evidence of the players into consideration, I'm not sure it's practical to try and form some sort of player committee every time there is a quitting case. Justice has to be quick as well as fair.

CS

Ok the game is out, so what is missing for you? For me this is the list

Teams, properly coded
MP maps, like mirror, skirmish etc, pretty much the entire list from Civ5
One City Challenge hard coded
Always War hard coded
UI Scaling fixed so it works to change the chat box in MP especially
Open Chat UI in the games list screen so we can network with all the new players that just press Multiplayer and don't know about steam groups and fan sites
Pitboss mini server

CS

-- No more horse-selling exploit... (just disable units selling altogether, or heavily nerf the amount of money from it. and disable selling of units outside your own territory, as well as selling any wounded units.)
-- Chopping nerfed (59 hammers outside my borders on Online speed?! Yes, please! :lol:)
-- Manual adjustment for turn timer (it's way too fast even as dynamic, imo)
-- More granular settings for barb activity (now it's either 'no barbs' or 'lol wtf 4 horsemen on turn 3 gg no re')
-- Fix to the bs 'cede cities' mechanic that I just heard about (your newly conquered cities will stay with huge war weariness unless their previous owner cedes them over to you formally or is eliminated :crazyeye:)
-- Make it so that clicking on the chat window doesn't disable controls on the map -.-

if you want game design and balance problems that need to be fixed for civ6 to be a decent MP game, i could go on for hours

but in terms of the technical/networking stuff, it seems to be in a better starting state than civ5 was

one concern i have is showing the map seed in the lobby. doesn't that deterministically generate the world? seems open to abuse by people who can load that up on a 2nd computer

I'm not sure there is any interface or code hack to load a specific seed....but it is a good question..

CS

Top Bottom