What file to edit to preset screen rez?

GinandTonic

Saphire w/ Schweps + Lime
Well, like the title says... Thought it was in the config ini but there does not seem to be a line to edit.

Cheers

its the .ini - set these lines:

; Custom Screen Height, minimum: 768 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when set to 0
ScreenHeight = 0

; Custom Screen Width, minimum: 1024 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when set to 0
ScreenWidth = 0

Cheers. Still something of a prob though.

Basically I'm trying to get a netbook to run at least the opening game. Not for serious play but for diversion on the train, move the save over to the real computer if want to play the late game etc. Since the specs are the same as the laptop I first ran Civ on when it came out thought I should be able to get something running.

In windowed mode it runs ok. But what I really need is to set the screen to 1024 x 600. In windowed mode it doesnt seem possible to set the rez. Is there no way to work around the 768 min height?

There was something about that in another thread, I think there were 2 methods suggested.

One set the screen mode to x by 768 where x was the value that gave the same proportion as 1024x600 then used window mode to scale it down to the required size. The other method (I think) started 2 instances of Civ then closed the first but I can't remember the details. I am sketchy in my memory on this though so you will have to search. If I spot the thread (s) I'll link to it.

Found one for the first method: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291959, posts 12 & 13.
Not spotted the second method yet but if the first works...

Excellent, that works a lot better!

Slightly less than ideal since the mouse doesnt scroll at the screen edge and the graphics look a lot worse than when displayed at their actual resolution, but it's civ and it's running!

Ill keep looking for the first thread since I'm sure something like that must be possible.

Cheers anyway :goodjob:

I'll post for the benefit of future searchers if I work something out, but it'll be a few days until I have the time to play with it.

Top Bottom