What game options will you choose for your first game ?

random civ
Standard size map with default number of civs/CS
Continents
Standard speed
Prince level to start with; second game will probably be King, where I normally play
all victory conditions enabled

I mainly want to learn the game the first time and test out all the options. My second game will be on the largest map with the max number of civs and CS's to test out how my 650M can handle things turned all the way up.

I will go straight to the multiplayer to avoid the encounter with the Moderator Action: <snip> AI. I just cannot stand it.

Darko82, mate, please stop spamming every single thread and just go ahead and create your own "I'm pissed and I want to make sure everyone knows" thread.

Moderator Action: Please do not address other posters in this manner. If you think one or a series of posts are inappropriate, please report it/them and let us handle it.

OT: Standard speed and resources, Continents, Inmortal difficulty, Greece (Pericles).

Last edited by a moderator:
AI is not worse off then civ 5 is right now. This game will be fully playable at launch.

A lot of continent lovers over here. Would be my 2nd choice. 3th hopefully huge Europe.
Or a nice map with Europe/Afrika/Asia, Like the Europe map from civ 5. Kind of the middle ages before discovery of America.

Japan Hojo Tokimune
Pangaea
Standard size 8 AI
Standard speed
Immortal difficulty

Random Civ
Chieftain
Continents
rest is default.

I'll use the first game as a sandbox game to without worrying about anything. Just tinker with mechanics. Try to understand how districts...etc work.

Im going to play as Norway. Standard map, standard time, continents and immortal or deity. I will try domination and expect a loss...

It depends on what options are available. For example, if there is an option for strategic balance for resources, I will choose that. I plan to Random for my Civ and will probably play at King difficulty on a Large Continents map. Probably Epic speed to gauge it, may go Marathon for future games as I find the current tech pacing to be far too quick. That's really the reason for King over something like Emperor, where I was very comfortable in V, as the AI seems to tech very quickly even on King just by focusing Eurekas, so I don't want it to get too out of hand. It'll also act as a good baseline for me to judge how the game will unfold.

Random civ (due to me being indecisive)
Prince (just as a test game to check the mechanics, I hope to be able to move up a couple of levels pretty quickly)
Standard size (again, for testing, I normally play a somewhat larger map)
Standard speed (testing again, I'm more of an Epic player)
Continents (so I can try out both land and naval stuff)

Civ: Germany
Map type: Continents
Default numbers of AI, randomly chosen
Difficulty: King
All victory conditions
Normal speed

Germany looks the most fun to me, as I will be anxious to try out the districts. And I think these settings are pretty much what the game was designed around, so it stands the best chance of playing well.

My only doubt is map size. Probably standard with low sea level... but I am tempted to go larger so that competition for wonders is a bit more fierce... But I am worried about my machine bogging down late in the game

The largest map avail, a slower tech rate..say epic setting. all ai as possible and probably have Rome as my civ I will play on Prince or King initially. Oh and Continents High water if that is there and temperate or rainforest/wet.

I think we had a thread like this already, since then I still haven't made up my mind.
speed: normal.
Map size: large or huge.
mapt type: not sure yet, maybe Terra or continents but I hope they include some new and interesting maps.
Civilization: unsure, Norway, Rome, and Sumeria are the ones im thinking about right now.
Difficulty: Prince.

overall I want to have a Colonial gam,e one with a lot of oppertunity for expansion, which leads me to Norway. but than Rome and Sumeria are so awesome. I which the Inca were in the base game that would make this decision much easier.

I'll just put in a bunch of Gorgo and Tomyris and I'll play as Pedro and try to win a cultural victory on diety

Last edited:
Random Civilization
Emperor Difficulty
Duel-sized Map
Random Map Settings
Marathon Speed

8 civs
Emperor
play as Russia
All victory types
Standard speed
Pangaea

Next game will be Deity if Emperor is too easy for me.

Top Bottom