What Genre of Music Do You Enjoy?

What Genre of Music Do You Enjoy?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The other thread had poor options and was not multiple-choice. Here are the options (examples provided with the rock subgenres, as they are not self-explanatory like the others):

European Classical/Traditional
Eastern/Other Classical/Traditional
Folk
World
Latin
Jazz
Blues
Country
R&B
Rap/Hip-Hop
Reggae/Ska
Dance
Electronica
Rock & Roll/Classic Rock
Classic Metal
(Ex: AC/DC)
Alternative Metal
(Pretty broad and ill-defined, includes Korn, RATM, SOAD)
Other Metal
(All other metal)
Punk
(Ex: The Ramones)
Grunge
(Ex: Nirvana)
Progressive
(Ex: Pink Floyd)
Alternative/Indie
(Ex: Radiohead)
Post-Grunge
(Ex: Foo Fighters)
Emo
(Ex: My Chemical Romance)
Pop
(Ex: Michael Jackson)
Soft Rock
(Dunno, here's some)
Other
(Everything else)

Don't like the genres? Post what changes you think should be made.

Folk (specifically Irish and Scottish), Classic Rock, Classic Metal, Alternative Metal, "Other" Metal (sigh), Punk, Alternative/Indie/Post-Grunge.

Emo is superfluous, and should've been part of the metal genre.
Emo is a subgenre of punk, ya loon. :crazyeye:
Anyway, it's become prominent enough in the last decade that it deserves it's own spot, at least to the extent that metal deserves full three spots. Maybe not in ten years time, but, well, this isn't ten years time, so it works.

:splat: Don't be silly. HC357 is living in denial, and so are you. :p
What? No, this is like a fact, you can't disagree with it. Look. Emo. "Emotional hardcore". Kind of punk. Nowt to do with metal. Granted, there's a certain aesthetic crossover between emo and metalcore/deathcore, in both music and imagery, but they're really not the same thing at all.

But, then, we've been over this- Europeans can't tell the difference between emo and metalcore. Something to do with them being imported from the US at roughly the same time and both involving fringes was too much for puny Old World minds. :crazyeye:

Oh. Well, yes, um, that's apparently the case. :blush:

All I can offer as an excuse is that, like I said, we've been over this before- it seems to be a point certain people get stuck on. The fish-slapping gif should probably have given it away, mind. :crazyeye:

Damn, I missed to check the "other" option. I also listen to the swedish genre progg (not to be confused with progressive rock, they have not much in common.)

Rap, Reggae, Electronica & Rock & Roll/Classic Rock.

Blues I like but I don't go out of my way to listen to. I like some pop music but very little. I like some metal but not much. I like some alternative, grunge, etc. but not enough to vote for it.

That said, I don't like any mainstream hip-hop they play on top-40 rap radio stations but it's my favorite genre (I listen on Youtube, alot of international stuff).

I should have voted for Alternative since RHCP is my favorite band & they'd probably be considered such.

I voted Pop, Classic Metal (a confusing term) and Country. I forgot "Dance" so if it is possible I would like my name attached to that.

Metallica (classical metal) is my favourite band, The Smiths/Morrissey (pop) are a close second. Whist dance like "New Order" and other 80s greats are my greatage.

I also like Metalica even though I didn't vote metal.

Weird that classical music isn't on the poll, I would have voted for that too.

I voted for both classicals. Although our classical music station primarily plays european, but they do play some asian/eastern classical.

I like most music, but it seemed silly to vote every category. For example, I did not vote R&B, although I do like some of the classic r&b songs of the 60's and 70's. So many genres, I enjoy the "hits", but don't make it a point to download or purchase any of them for personal use.

I voted both classicals, jazz, blues, all metal categories, grunge, progressive, alternative.

The poll didn't include "Oldies", but that could be included in rock & roll I suppose. I like classic rock, but I don't care for the 50's style rock and roll songs. Rock and roll didn't really start getting good until the 60's (with the Stones and the Who).

In order of how much I listen to it:

1) Baroque music, particularly Bach.
2) Other classical, particularly classical and romantic chamber music. I hate almost all modern classical, and do not listen to orchestral stuff much.
3) Rap, most commonly stuff from like 1995-2002
4) 80s Rock
5) Classic Rock
6) Blues (this is the one I see live the most, though I don't listen to it all that much unless its live)

Top Bottom