What happened to the barbs?

loffenx

Warlord
Maybe this has been mentioned earlier, but I couldn't find anything.

What happened to the barbs? At immortal, they used to be the major threath during the early game, hammering on your cities endlessly. But nowadays they seem to be back to their old strutting about, providing cheap XP etc. I have switched from Erebus to Erebus continents lately, but can't think of any important difference between them barb-wise.

Also it seems the AI seem to be rexing like madmen lately, often to their own discomfort, but maybe that is more map-change than game/patch/etc change.

Any ideas?

I haven't played this game for a while now but I remember before I stopped there was a small but vocal minority of sissy-lads who were complaining the barbs were too tough. Hope they didn't win over the devs.

I haven't played this game for a while now but I remember before I stopped there was a small but vocal minority of sissy-lads who were complaining the barbs were too tough. Hope they didn't win over the devs.

They did. I don't remember in which version, but not too long ago barbs were nerfed a fair bit. Iirc, barbs on higher difficulties were toned down, and barbs on lower difficulties were toned up a bit.

I guess I was one of thoose complainers, but I felt that they gave the AI more troubble than me. Well, thanks for the info. :)

Congratulations.

Top Bottom