1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What have I done!?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Darizuka, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Darizuka

Darizuka Chieftain

In my war... i drove korea out of the continents... taking his towns
    But now he has one town left... and its a 1tile island.

How do i capture a 1 tile island
    I assumed without the food or resources his civilization should've died out but thats not the case

2. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

If you want to capture it, you can build privateers and frigates to take it (melee ships can capture cities). Otherwise though, there's not much reason to capture this city. It will give you a huge warmonger diplo hit with everyone else, and probably wouldn't help you at all.

3. Darizuka

Darizuka Chieftain

Well all thats left is that.. and attila. I swallowed up everyone else

4. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

...Take Attila's Court and win the game? Sejong is no threat to you now, even if he refuses peace you can just ignore him until you've crushed the so-called "Scourge of God".

5. Darizuka

Darizuka Chieftain

Well i have my Soldiers waiting at the border. My navy waiting at the border and 7 nukes in the side.... ready for deployment.
    I think its time to remind him of his mortality

6. Furret

Furret Tryhard

Remember you can actually attack with embarked ground units at a 50% effectiveness penalty (assuming no amphibious promotion). If you lower the city to 0 health, the unit is guaranteed to take the city anyway.

Destroyers are the melee naval unit of the information era if you're looking to capture the city that way.

7. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I don't have the tech tree memorized, but if you have nukes, you should be able to (if you haven't already) research Penicillin for Marines. I've never used them, so I don't know how good they are at attacking cities, but they do come with the Amphibious promotion.