1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What industrial wonders do you want to see in the game?

Discussion in 'Humankind by Amplitude' started by zhugejingqi, Jun 27, 2020.

Tags:
?

Which one do you like?

1. Big Ben

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Eiffel Tower

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  3. Bolshoi Theatre

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Oxford University

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  5. Statue of Liberty

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  6. Panama Canal

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. the Crystal Palace

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Kew Botanical Garden

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. zhugejingqi

zhugejingqi Chieftain

I chose some famous landmark buildings and scientific research buildings that have a great influence on us.

2. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

.... Where is it? Is there a poll? Wouldn't it be convenient if we are to put all of your other threads in one thread?

3. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

This poll needs more options. Also Oxford is a lot older than this era and it's weird that it's a Civ staple: there are older universities in Europe that still exist.

Guandao likes this.
  4. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Oxford looks more iconic that the Sorbonne or the University of Bologna, so I can understand they go with Oxford every time. The Qarawīyīn in Fès would be a nice looking alternative.

Guandao likes this.
  5. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

Honestly, I don't see any use in Panama Canal. I know this is quite important in real life, but in civilization specifically this is almost totally useless and depends on very specific circumstances to be useful. I don't think that in Humankind it would be any different.

Of the options that are not in the poll, I would like Louvre, Neuschwanstein and Brandenburg Gate.

I would like some non-European industrial wonders too, but I can't think of anything right now.

j51 likes this.
  6. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

This is not easy. The famous ottoman mosques are build earlier, so are the great building works in Isfahan. I don‘t think South America or Africa have much to offer here. You could count the Aswan Dam, as the first dam was built around 1900, but not the famous one (1950s).

For European Wonders, the Palais de Justice in Brussels is the largest building of this age and has never appeared in any game. It‘s an option but not my favorite one.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Xandinho likes this.