What is the NC+Oxford University equivalent in this game?

Jinavajra

Chieftain
In Civ5, early NC than a beelined Oxford University was the way to go to get ahead in tech, coupled with high pop and ideally mountains and jungle tiles+rationalism.

What is the way to go in this game? I got 18 purity affinities by turn 350 in my first game with Africans+settlers, I assume that is quite late...

Edit: I don't mean national wonders. I mean "the strategy that gets you a scientific lead early and quicky".

AFAIK, there are no national wonders at all in Civ:BE except for the spy HQ. So, nothing is quite like the NC or Oxford this go-round.

Steal science/tech boosts your tech rate a lot. Other than that, basically you expand a lot and use external trade routes to get science.

So there is no easy way to get science? In Civ5, I always prioritised writing, philosophy, education, scientific theory and plastics.

If I wanted culture, I went drama and poetry, acoustics etc... and spammed wonders.

Imho the tech web is a ton more complex than the tech tree and I'm having a hard time finding the best spread to get my tech going early and quickly.

Actually Id say the equivalent is all the possible free tech slingshots you can get.

Top Bottom