1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

what is the point of denouncing??

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Jim Bro, Mar 29, 2011.

1. SpearMan153

SpearMan153 Prince

disagree with you there - kinda makes sense that they hate you, given you've just spanked them

of course it can amount to suicide for the ai in the long run since you're more likely war them again a 2nd time for the insult and this time finish the job...

2. Celtic Warrior

Celtic Warrior Warlord

I don't understand the AI actions.

So far I have had three wars. All three started by the AI. I crushed two of the AIs and left the other one mostly intact.

I agreed a declaration of friendship with Rameses and Bismarck. Oda (of Japan) attacked Ramases. I was ready to help but Rameses never asked. I did not want to start any war.

Eventually Bismarck denouced Oda and I also denounced Oda. Bismarck then declared war on Oda and asked me to join. I agreed however after 10 turns so i could get my army in poition.

I monitored the war carefully and neither of my friends lost any ground. I gave Rameses 1000 gold to help him fight Oda.

However the very next turn Rameses denouced me!!!

The reason given is "your friends found reason to denouce you", even though no else has denouced me.

What is going on?

3. Civ4Brains

Civ4Brains imperfectus

unless there's a vital bit of info you're missing out that does actually sound like a bug. I still occasionally get DoF expiration notices from Civ's I never befriended - sounds like part of the same problem.

4. jtb1127

jtb1127 Deity

To piss people off!