What is the "Standard Ruleset"?

Drake's Legacy states: "Trade Route Capacity is increased by 2 after acquiring your first Great Admiral (Must be a Renaissance Era or earlier Great Admiral from the Standard Ruleset).".

I'm now playing as Lizzie for the first time, and have just got a Great Admiral in the mediaeval era. No extra trade routes.

I use Monopolies & Corporations, Barbarian Hordes, and Tech & Culture Shuffle. I presume these are considered outside the "standard ruleset".

If not so, why no extra trades?

If so, what the **** is the point of that limitation???

The specification means “base game only” as Insidious Mage clarified.

However, you’re totally right to be confused.

The wording is inaccurate. It implies that any admiral you can get in the standard ruleset (ie, not R&F or GS) should work. “Ruleset” has a clear and specific meaning in this game. When I read the text, I thought it meant that it just excluded any admiral added by R&F or GS.

But that’s not how it works, confusingly. Rather. it fails to work for admirals added by any dlc, regardless of what ruleset they work with.

What's driving me crazy here is trying to discern which GAs are in the "Standard Rule Set" and which aren't. In my current game I've earned Themistocles, Artermisia and Gaius Duilius so far and Elizabeth's ability still hasn't popped off yet.

What's driving me crazy here is trying to discern which GAs are in the "Standard Rule Set" and which aren't. In my current game I've earned Themistocles, Artermisia and Gaius Duilius so far and Elizabeth's ability still hasn't popped off yet.
This was updated and fixed a while ago. Your game should have automatically updated on Steam.

Top Bottom