What kind of setting would you rather have in the next action chatroom game?

Which setting would you prefer based on the descriptions in the OP?

• Total voters

arya126

Squad Leader
Right, so this is just a poll thread. With the absolutely and terrible failure of my IOT NOTOR, I still itch to GM a game, and I feel I have already been taught some valuable GMing lessons in the small time span that that game went on for. Therefore, I have decided to create an action chatroom. There are several ideas bouncing around in my head, and I have decided to create this poll to let you guys decide. Bear in mind that none have rulesets yet, and are just ideas at this point.

Option 1: Star wars setting. Probably in the Jedi Civil war, but not sure yet. input is welcome. Basically, players can choose to play as a jedi or a sith, and customize their character form there, with force and lightsaber skills, weapons, etc. You command your own character, and thats it on most missions, although if the players want to, you can always command groups of jedi/sith into battle.

Option 2: A game where america is occupied by invading forces, and years later, you participate in an armed rebellion in one of its cities. You control a character, but also command groups of men. It is much like American Uprising, except in an alternate universe. Link to AU: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422971

Option 3: A naval warfare game, where you command a ship and coordinate with other players in naval battles. This will likely be in an alternate universe (earth though) using WW2 tech and ships. Much like Pacwar back in the day: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=391570

Option 4: This idea was given by Lighthearter. So you start off as a soldier in the middle of some RL battle form history, then all of a sudden, you are magically teleported to a fantasy world, where the men are bad, elves and dwarves are good, and you must choose your side, and fight in an eternal war. Demons, dark sorcerers, magic, all collide as you fight with your high tech weapons against these magical creatures and primitive weapons. Not quite hammered out yet as well as I would like.

Option 5: Be a terrorist cell in the world today. Funded by both your own means and whatever your home country sends you, you wait until you are needed, then you coordinate in order to strike the city in which you reside, or go abroad and help your organization's operations somewhere else. In this one, you may or may not be able to be part of the counter terrorism squad/a fictional multinational anti terrorism intelligence unit that combats the terrorist faction.

You dont like one of the details of these options? Recommend I change it so that it fits you! if enough players support it, I will change it.

Once an option is picked, I will create a ruleset, and go over it with some other GMs of action chatroom games as well as some choice potential players, to make sure it is satisfactory, then the game will go on air.

As do I.

Top Bottom