What leader cares least for religion?

ollj

Warlord
We all know who is most likely to found Judaism in Civ4 but what civilization and what leader just does not need religion (at all) in favor for other matters and strategies in the game.

The least religious leader:
*Is definitely not "religious" and unlikely to change civics as often (no pyramids).
*Does not care as much for any tech that founds a religion, thus is unlikely to ever control a holy city as long as there are other options that are just better for him.
*Does not beeline for any religious building or civic that has benefits from religion (no spinal minaret).
*Is likely to have many different religions imported from others but unlikely to have them spread far trough his land. Therefore he is unlikely to change his religion-civic until "free religion".
*Has no special units or buildings on technologies that are prereqs for religious technologies or that beeline to religious technologies.
*Is likely to have a little less money, a little more culture, a smaller army, research depending more on early astronomy and great merchants.
*Is likely to be more flexible, he can change his state religion to change sides in diplomacy.
*Is likely to have his strategical bonus later in the game when religion matters less.

Who is the least religious leader of civ4?

The least religious leader:

*Is likely to have his strategical bonus later in the game when religion matters less.

Who is the least religious leader of civ4?

i'm really lost about what this one means. "his strategical bonus"?

i'm also not sure i agree with
*Is likely to have a little less money, a little more culture, a smaller army, research depending more on early astronomy and great merchants.
often a lot of your culture can come from religion.

is this a riddle, you have a particular answer in mind? i'd say the barbarians, but they fail on the culture and merchant counts, that's for sure ;) )

Looking at the XML files, here are the leaders which DO have a religion flavor modifier.

Asoka: 5
Brennus: 2
Hatshepsut: 2
Isabella: 10
Mansa Musa: 2
Montezuma: 2
Saladin: 2

The above leaders show a preference for religious buildings/units/technologies. The rest care less about religion. Note that this doesn't represent the attitude modifiers from running the same/different religion.

Isabella's and Saladin's favorite civic is Theocracy, which means they'll strongly prefer running it, so they won't be getting foreign religions either.

If by this you mean both the Unique Unit and Unique Building, that would be the Ameicans and Germans. The British UU & UB arrive a bit earlier, but later than most others.

Top Bottom