What of Multiplayer???

Blackw3

Chieftain
Hello Everyone.

This is my first post, though I've been lurking since BE was announced, and playing Civ since CivII.

Cranked it up last night and got about 3 hours into it. I'm loving it, pretty much everything except maybe difficulty level and the AI. The community as a whole seems a little disappointed I guess, but I think that's been the case for most strategy games of late. I don't remember the last game that came out that was overwhelming loved in its vanilla state, especially by its hardcore fan base such are you fine gents here at Civfanatics.

But my concern is mostly multiplayer. I'm trying to get a few of my retired Civ playing friends to hop back on, mostly for multiplayer purposes. But I have never played Civ multiplayer. So I wanted to ask the community how they think BE would be with multiplayer. What kind of experience does a Civ game in multiplayer hold? What kind of time frame are we looking at to finish a game on a standard size and time, with say 4 people?

As a group of friends we've played everything from Magic cards, to Age of Empires, or board games like Allies & Axis, and most recently LoL. I'm really looking forward to getting back into strategy.

To me if you take away the AI issues you had a fine game. Am I too optimistic? Its gonna take a lot of convincing to get them on-board, so I guess what I'm asking is if its worth the effort?

Top Bottom