Votes: 150 20.6%
  • Taoism

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • Christianity

Votes: 189 26.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 34 4.7%

• Total voters
Runes of Kilmorph, because its temples give gold.

Oh, in Vanilla? Um, I usually keep no state religion there, and let the various ones spread as they will.

Almost every single game I get Judaism. However, I like to get religions that are appropriate to the Civilization, Arabs/Persians get Islam, European nations usually get Christianity, if I'm Indian, I'll either grab Hinduism or Buddhism, and so on.

However, when I play Inca, I don't know who the hell to get. I wish there were pagan religions that had the same bonuses.

Either Buddhism or Confucism.

I think what religion you found is based on the difficulty level of your game. On easiest levels it's not hard to found every religion (except Buddhism for me normally because I have higher priorities in terms of techs) but as you increase level the civs develop tech faster, don't they?

I voted Confucianism although I have a feeling I have ended up with almost all of them in equal amounts.

I focus on Budaism or Confucianism, not because of anything really, but what they lead to in the early part of the game. Ditto on what sisiutil said as well.

Playng on easier levels (noble, prince) I can almost allways get judaism, even without a spritual leader.
From Monarch up I don't even care for a religion, I have other priorities. I sometimes end up with confucianism -- but not because I wanted the religion in the first place... :)

I end up with christianity many times. It gives the theocrazy which gives skilled units.

Funny to see that only 1,69% use Islam... Not that i hate Islam more than any other religion its just omg stuff.

The average must be around 15%...

Though it depends on the game, most of the time I get Christianity (Because of Theocracy) or Confucianism. Or I just have no state religion at all.

Either Judaism or Hinduism, if i can get them first.....

SS-18 ICBM said:
Cultural victory-try to get them all
Diplomatic victory-adopt the religion of influential civilizations
Other victory-any religion i can get, sometimes none

Honestly, I can't say the last time I have won a cultural victory. I have done domination, space race, and diplomacy.

Domination and space race, almost require, that you have a religion of some form. It helps make the people happier if they have one, that is for sure.

Diplomacy is MUCH easier if you have and then switch to Free Religions ASAP. That way you can build a religious alliance until you get to the free point. Then you can, likely, quickly get to Mass Media and the UN. :D

When I recently played as germans, I took Judaism:D Now Iõ'm planning on waging war on Judaist Egypt(Worlds biggest Irony) I take the religion that has most followers around the world. Much like the russians did in their heyday in the 10th century.

I generally end up with Confucianism. I get Taoism a lot, too, and Christianity occassionally. Confucianism always seems to be the one I end up getting, though.

I like church

I normally try to found as many of the religions as possible and choose the most popular as my State Religion. If I could only choose one religion it would the one I practice in the "Real World": Christianity.

Top Bottom