1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What religion do you usualy use?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Nuka-sama, Feb 28, 2006.

?

What religion do you choose?

1. Hinduism

131 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. Budaism

63 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Judaism

116 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Confucisism

150 vote(s)
    20.6%
  5. Taoism

45 vote(s)
    6.2%
  6. Christianity

188 vote(s)
    25.9%
  7. Islam

34 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Lunargent

Lunargent Warlord

Runes of Kilmorph, because its temples give gold.

Oh, in Vanilla? Um, I usually keep no state religion there, and let the various ones spread as they will.

2. Guerra

Guerra Warlord

Almost every single game I get Judaism. However, I like to get religions that are appropriate to the Civilization, Arabs/Persians get Islam, European nations usually get Christianity, if I'm Indian, I'll either grab Hinduism or Buddhism, and so on.

However, when I play Inca, I don't know who the hell to get. I wish there were pagan religions that had the same bonuses.

3. Griswold101

Griswold101 Chieftain

Either Buddhism or Confucism.

4. Crighton

Crighton Emperor

I simply hijack the religion of my neighbor, buys breathing room until I'm ready to wage a war of religious unification :)

5. migthegreek

migthegreek Back In Black

I think what religion you found is based on the difficulty level of your game. On easiest levels it's not hard to found every religion (except Buddhism for me normally because I have higher priorities in terms of techs) but as you increase level the civs develop tech faster, don't they?

I voted Confucianism although I have a feeling I have ended up with almost all of them in equal amounts.

6. Griswold101

Griswold101 Chieftain

I focus on Budaism or Confucianism, not because of anything really, but what they lead to in the early part of the game. Ditto on what sisiutil said as well.

7. LordOfTheDrinks

LordOfTheDrinks Chieftain

Playng on easier levels (noble, prince) I can almost allways get judaism, even without a spritual leader.
    From Monarch up I don't even care for a religion, I have other priorities. I sometimes end up with confucianism -- but not because I wanted the religion in the first place... :)

8. xonixs

xonixs Warlord

I end up with christianity many times. It gives the theocrazy which gives skilled units.

Funny to see that only 1,69% use Islam... Not that i hate Islam more than any other religion its just omg stuff.

The average must be around 15%...

9. Nylarathotep

Nylarathotep Chieftain

Though it depends on the game, most of the time I get Christianity (Because of Theocracy) or Confucianism. Or I just have no state religion at all.

10. Elmstr

Elmstr Warlord

i try to choose the religion, that has the most followers already

11. Thasis

Thasis Warlord

Confucisism is my precious baby. As much as I hate christianity in real life I always try to get it. I think it's so I can discover it and torture my people with it :p

12. lucky donkey

lucky donkey Chieftain

Either Judaism or Hinduism, if i can get them first.....

13. senwiz

senwiz Prince

Honestly, I can't say the last time I have won a cultural victory. I have done domination, space race, and diplomacy.

Domination and space race, almost require, that you have a religion of some form. It helps make the people happier if they have one, that is for sure.

Diplomacy is MUCH easier if you have and then switch to Free Religions ASAP. That way you can build a religious alliance until you get to the free point. Then you can, likely, quickly get to Mass Media and the UN. :D

14. conquer_dude

conquer_dude Imperial Slave

Cristianity and shouldn't this be in general discussion?

15. ivanof

ivanof Chieftain

When I recently played as germans, I took Judaism:D Now Iõ'm planning on waging war on Judaist Egypt(Worlds biggest Irony) I take the religion that has most followers around the world. Much like the russians did in their heyday in the 10th century.

16. Columbkille

Columbkille Chieftain

I mainly choose the religion that the nation I want to be allied with uses

17. bob rulz

bob rulz Prince

I generally end up with Confucianism. I get Taoism a lot, too, and Christianity occassionally. Confucianism always seems to be the one I end up getting, though.

18. killerorange_27

killerorange_27 Chieftain

I like church

19. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Chieftain

Hinduism if I'm going along the religious route, because I can get it pretty early.

20. The Sleepy Vike

The Sleepy Vike Norse Agent 007

I normally try to found as many of the religions as possible and choose the most popular as my State Religion. If I could only choose one religion it would the one I practice in the "Real World": Christianity.