What should we do with our Great Leader?

What should we do with our GL? (READ THE POST FIRST!!!)

• Rush Newton's University (in Kyoto)

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Rush Universal Suffrage (need 2 techs - GL has to wait)

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Rush Theory of Evolution (need 4 techs - GL has to wait)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Relocate the Palace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Build an army

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other

• Abstain

• Total voters
I think the extra money from the Greeks paired with a Golden Age right now would be any Domestic Leader's dream. :) I don't think it would hurt us to have it now, even though later would be better.

Plus, Newton's is scientific as well, is it not?

Yes, it's scientific.

(Just imaging that GA in a Democracy. ;) Maybe 600... 700gpt?).

CT, if you have visions of Democracy, why would you not want Universal Suffrage? It is the only way we could possibly convince our citizens to get to that point.

I'm just saying if - but with domination as our goal, that's gonna be a ton of war wariness.

Which can be lessened by Universal Suffrage. Plus Democracy opens us up to other victory options should those domination goals fall short. Wouldn't it be nice to have more ways to win, just in case?

Plus, if we make measured advances on our future enemies, we can make peace with them before war weariness gets out of hand. If we are powerful enough, we won't have to sign ourselves up for a 20-turn war each time.

I agree with DZ. And with the new deals with the Greece we can get Steam Power, and possibly Medicine in a not to long time. Then we can trade Medicine for Industrialisation and rush US. And then go to ToE.

Even if we keep the Babylonian war alive I'm sure our chances of another are great. I did a quick check of our elite units and we have 4 near the front. Two are knights and 2 are swordsmen. There's also a wounded elite knight near Larsa. Other than that our elite units are a pike in Grandmastoria, a wounded cavalry in Karachi, 2 knights and a cavalry in Bangalore and 2 cavlary in Delhi. These are far from the Babylonian front. This combined with the MPP deal Greece is offering leads me to lean towards trying to get US using Horsa. Rushing US seems the best way of stopping cascades to ToE and the ToE/Hoover combo would work wonders for Fanatika no matter what government we are in.

As for the golden age it wouldn't hurt to have one now. We do not have enough markets or banks to make effective use of democracy yet. A GA now could help us to build those improvements.

Please see DFZ issue #44.

Top Bottom