1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Tech Next?

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by Krill, Mar 23, 2009.

?

What Tech SHould We Research Next

1. Alphabet

40.0%
  2. Aesthetics

20.0%
  3. Code of Laws

30.0%
  4. Other

10.0%
  1. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

:agree:
    That seems prudent in the given situation.

We're going to need to talk Saturn in joining us in a 2 vs 3 game.
    Which is hard, since they'll have a 4 vs 1 option.

To make them take the harder road with us, we need to both A) convince them that the current alliance of 3 will turn on them as soon as we're dead and B) we can be a very profitable partner.

That means being ready to do maximum trades with them right out of the gate.

So I very much like Krill's proposal. :clap:

I just hope we're not too late in finding them.

2. Krill

Krill Chieftain

If we saved gold until t90, we would likely be able to get alpha in 6 quite easily, and by that time we should have atleast 30 gold saved up, probably closer to 350-375, probably enough to get us through 10 turns of 100% science.

One thing to note though, G_W, is that saving gold for longer than 6 turns would mean that unless we got Alphabet off Cavs, we would not be able to trade from the turn we met Saturn.

3. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

CoL...either with or without saving the gold 1st. If any Libraries will be finishing in that time frame...then wait for them ofc.

4. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

Now that we have a level 10 unit, I'm vastly more interested in literature, for Heroic Epic.

5. Krill

Krill Chieftain

As useful as the HE is, we aren't about to start building an army. Economic techs, CS, Currency, Calendar (more useful the more trades we can make) and hence maths as a prerequisitewould probably help us more than 1 turn axes.

We'd actually get an insane amount of overflow if we built the HE atm, we don't have any units to build (eg cats, HA, eles and later) that need the HE so we can build them quickly. Would actually be a cool way to tech, making cheap units and using the overflow to generate cash though.

6. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

btw - I'm good with the saving for a deficit spending run.

7. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Want to say for the record...I am against Alphabet...with no one to trade with why bother???

8. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Basically, that's one of the benefits of saving gold from now until we either meet Saturn (and we can negoitiate for a trade involving CoL) or until around t95 (if we haven't found saturn we can't trade and hence we can deficit research CoL in time for a revolt to rep and caste).

If we were to go for the GLH around that time, it'd just mean knocking out masonry in 2 turns around t90, t92, or trying to trade for it before than (if any team would be willing to trade it to us and we didn't mind telegraphing our aims, ie only trading with Saturn for it). We'd have plenty of gold stored (anything between 350 and 400 gold is my best guess) to deficit research a couple of large techs.