What the Hell is Up the Random AI Function?

AznWarlord

Monarch
Whenever I play a game of civ, I pick my own Civ and play against random AI's. Well, every time I play against "Random" enemies, they are ALWAYS the Mayans, Incans, Aztecs, and Americans. Every single map. Any map size, those 4 civs are bound to be there. They are always culturally linked so they are more likely to gang up on me, and if I'm not Expansionist, then the Incans - always the Incans, become the most powerful civ on the map. And they always demand stuff from me, despite the fact that I sometimes am more powerful then them.Funny thing, is, when I pick a Civ from the Americas, I never get culturally linked to them.

Does Civ3 automatically choose the American Civs as AI's when you ask for Random opponents?

Yeah I let the game culturally link Civs, hoping that they'll link me to someone that doesn't want to kill me. It never does. I guess it is a bug.

I'm only really complaining because every time I don't pick an expansionist civ, running into the Inca is just gonna demoralize me when I see that they're 5-6 techs ahead of me. And picking Expansionist every time kills the game. So does playing with what I like to call the Big Four every time.

I'll try unchecking the Culture Link box. Either that or I could just pick the civs myself.

EDIT: From what I've searched it is bugged, I also forgot to mention the Iroquois.

Top Bottom