What the new patch has wrecked/changed

It seems to be the TXT_KEY_ CITY_NAME_... side of things that have broken everyting.

I changed the format of my TXT_KEY for each civilization, and this fixed everything.

SO for example, I changed this:

Spoiler :
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_AYLESBURY">
<Text>Aylesbury</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_MILTON_KEYNES">
<Text>Milton Keynes</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BEDFORD">
<Text>Bedford</Text>
</Row> ...

to this:

Spoiler :
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BUCKINGHAMSHIRE_AYLESBURY">
<Text>Aylesbury</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BUCKINGHAMSHIRE_MILTON_KEYNES">
<Text>Milton Keynes</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BUCKINGHAMSHIRE_BEDFORD">
<Text>Bedford</Text>
</Row>

and repeated for all civs, where "BUCKINGHAMSHIRE" was replaced by each civ name. Now the text has been restored for the entire mod. Because I am making a UK mod, the patch must have contatined additional duplicate UK city names? Who knows...

none of my custom civtext works, even though I delete the cityname stuffs.

I was having a similar issue, and I hadn't added any city name texts. It seems to be a cache issue; it was, somehow, using a several-months-old version of one of my text files instead of the more recent version. Moving the text entries in question to a new file solved the problem.

I am proud to say that the new patch doesn't seem to have touched my little mod at all :D BUT, I didn't do custom city names, I used the in-game German set and the leader responses are also Bismark's. But the little bit of text that I did add for civ descriptions and unit descriptions in the civilopedia are untouched. I didn't do custom unit icons, but my civ icons still work as expected.

There is a version of my mod posted on this board if you wanna check it out and see if it helps anyone. I'm not entirely sure where it is anymore though.

The patch change I am scratching my head about is building the Great Library gives you a free Library in that city. Odds are, you will already have a Library built there. Perhaps the free building should be a University.

Top Bottom