1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What's everyone's preferred difficulty and map type?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by row2infinity, Jul 19, 2018.

1. earlc

earlc Warlord

I feel like the game works best with king or emperor and continents. I like having a little society develop independently on the other side of the world while you're busy in your own little sphere (and I'd love to see this aspect of the game enhanced), and Emperor is usually just stacked enough that you can play flexibly and don't have to hustle too hard or go conquer everyone, but still have the potential for some interesting situations to arise.

For map types like continents I wish you could disable knowing how many civs are in the game/yet to be discovered and getting any updates or information about them until you encounter their borders or one of their units.

2. Sekou

Sekou Chieftain

King, large, continents

3. ezysquire

ezysquire Warlord

Deity and mostly continents

4. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

King and Shuffle. I hate that they get an extra settler already on emperor. In civ5 that only happened at deity. :mad:

5. liv

liv Emperor

Deity and pangea

But I often mix it up and play king, emperor or immortal as well on more water based maps

6. dafunk10

dafunk10 Chieftain

Diety
    Fractal
    Marathon
    Small Map
    Max Civs & City States