Whats next for Civ5?

TImithius

Chieftain
Civ 5 is my favorite version of Civ and believe that it is far from over, but in recent months Civ has kept me on the edge of my chair. I was used to the new Civ every two months, now it has been 4 since since the the last Civ DLC. After some of the hints from 2k, I am led to believe that there is an expansion pack in the works. Well, I not entirely sure about that though, the othr day when I was on Steam the achievement number suddenly went up ten. I am not sure is that was a glich or something, but either or what to do you guys think whats going to happen

I've consistently said that there will be an expansion released in the near term. I was hoping that it would occur before xmas. My guess is that it has taken so long because they had to patch the game way more than they originally planned, which has postponed the release of the expansion. This is definitely the right move. Make the game right and then release an expansion. I also think that an expansion will correct some of the AI/diplomacy issues. That's my $0.02

I'm sure that an expansion is in the works, and agree with Civsassin's comments about it. I am, like TImithius, a bit disappointed there has not been a DLC for so long... a decent civ, and another good scenario, would have been a nice Christmas present!

I've consistently said that there will be an expansion released in the near term. I was hoping that it would occur before xmas. My guess is that it has taken so long because they had to patch the game way more than they originally planned, which has postponed the release of the expansion. This is definitely the right move. Make the game right and then release an expansion. I also think that an expansion will correct some of the AI/diplomacy issues. That's my $0.02
Well, doing so would very well fit into the picture.

Don't forget, we have been promised "the most moddable Civ ever". Most people have taken this as a promise to expose the DLL - something which was again promised to happen some weeks ago.

Now, if they release the DLL, what would that mean (under the assumption that an expansion were to be released).
This would mean that:
a) the release of the vanilla DLL would be rendered almost meaningless because most people would go for the expansion anyway
b) that the release of the (assumed expansion) DLL would make the customer pay twice for something which has been promised as selling argument.

Personally, I assume they will go for option a. So, they will keep their promise AND will have the chance to make addional money by releasing an expansion which will make the mods based on the vanilla DLL much less attractive.

Well Pitboss etc is being developed but the big rumor is that around Summer a major patch will be released that changes the font style of the diplomacy screen. Firaxis has apparently been working on since Autumn.

If there's an expansion, expect movement between February 15th and March 15th...

Well Pitboss etc is being developed but the big rumor is that around Summer a major patch will be released that changes the font style of the diplomacy screen. Firaxis has apparently been working on since Autumn.

This is gonna blow the MP patch out of the water! At least it could be the first patch that does'nt nerf every tactic the AI is incapable of doing.

And as a response to the OP, bargain bin.

whats next for civ 5 unless they fis it my copy is going in the trash.

Top Bottom