What's the use of UN Mission?

Someone could please explain me what "UN Mission" building (or is it a National Wonder?) does? Pedia says "Guarantees Eligibility for Diplomatic Votes" but I still can't understand what it means... AFAIK everyone can vote a UN resolution and only the two top players can be elected as Secretary General or as world leader (if Diplomatic Victory is enabled). Anyone can enlighten me on this?

Lol well I never use MAD so I have no clue on that, but AFAIK, UN mission allows you eligibility for a diplomatic victory even if you were not one of the top civilizations. So if your score was about middle of the road but you had forged a great deal of alliances and other civs are willing to vote for you, you could potentially win. Without it, you could not even be nominated if your score is too low. I never go for diplomatic victories so I could be wrong.

45°38'N-13°47'E;11310976 said:
I start to wonder why my questions are never answered... :lol:
I mean, now I suppose that NOBODY playing AND has ever used MAD Civic (look at the other topic) or has ever built UN Mission? :mischief:

Really problem is that your questions are about 18 months too late! :lol::mischief:

Back then you would've had a dozen responses in no time. Now.....well.....times they change.

JosEPh ;)

Really problem is that your questions are about 18 months too late! :lol::mischief:

Back then you would've had a dozen responses in no time. Now.....well.....times they change.

JosEPh ;)

Well, I know... but it looks like nobody ever cared about these problems, since there's nothing about it in the forum.
@MMX5000: yes, I suppose that's what it should do; problem is that either no civ ever builds it or it doesn't work; there's always a choice between two candidates, so my idea is that UN Mission doesn't work at all.

Top Bottom