Whats with the DLC check myth going around?

GeorgePatton

Chieftain
Where the OP thinks cycling through the Civs will do something if someone doesnt have the DLC? It's a myth.

The person wouldnt be able to hit ready and I dont even know what cycling through the CIV's would do.

It seems like every person who does the "DLC check" is like "hurrrr i have 200o hours in CIV 5 I know what I'm doing. I'ts kind of getting annoying.

ITS NOT A MYTH

when all players are readied up, and the host(or someone who has all civs) cycles through the civs and it unreadies someone, that person who got unreadied does not have that particular dlc.

I have done it, i have seen it in action (and even the guy who doesnt have the dlc has said so)

IF ALL PLAYERS GO RANDOM, anyone can ready up, even if the player has zero dlc, the game will start, and all players will play vanilla civ with zero dlc (it has happened to me 3-4 times, it was really annoying)

ppl have to do this because no one wants to play vanilla civ when we paid good money to play the dlc, no one wants to waste time rehosting a game, thats why we do it

Not a myth, if they don't have the DLC for a specific civ they will UNGREEN when you select that civ revealing their lack of DLC.

Obviously people with 2000 hours do know what they are doing and less noob hosts is exactly what we need.

Actually it is a myth. It doesnt do anything when you cycle through the civs. Dont believe everything you read on le reddit.

Let me guess, you're another person who went into a lobby which had G&K or BNW in the title and you didn't have those DLCs and they suddenly kicked you because you went from green to not green? :)

It's not a myth. The developers didn't do a good job at restricting people from joining lobbies who had expansions in them because of lazy programming.

Oh, and I have a guide ON THIS. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180407794

Look at step 5.

Still think it's a myth now?

I never found this out on reddit, I discovered it on my own when gnk came out. Also something ive discovered if you got both dlc and you accidentally join a lobby without bnw, the background changes to the background of gnk or vanilla depending which dlc they dont have

Also It didnt do anything cus everyone has the required dlc for that particular game they are hosting

Top Bottom