What's your earliest victory?

MinnesotaRuss

Warlord
Okay, I'm on a huge map with 8-10 civs on Prince and 18-21 city-states. So my earliest victory was science at 269 or so. Cultural tends to be 300+. What's your experience?

Have a look at the GOTM and the Hall of Fame parts of the forum. It really depends a lot on difficulty level, map size and victory condition. Victories are possible in less than 50 turns (duel map...) but can also last over 300 turns. Or 500, if you're really pushing for that score victory. ;-)

Prince huge standard speed, never played it but I am guessing a cultural can be got below 150. You want me to try? I may be wrong, just guessing.
With 18-21 CS I am guessing an SV of 170, maybe less.
A lot depends on which map... and the civ.

Multiplayer. Turn 25. Rushed a neighbor with american warriors. 1 civ down with 4 cities of mine and plenty of room to expand. Other players quit because of my head start. GG.

Time played: 14 min.

My PB on CV is a T143 with Trajan with a wonderful map and a gameplay focused on relics & early GWoW with Oracle, Apadana, GL.

My PB on RV is a T146 on Continent map with Peter on Deity and a T128 on Prince with Pedro (6otM 84).

I am not a fast player and I often make a lot of mistakes on optimisation. I never did a sub 200 on SV for example due to a lack of knowledge on fast mechanics (chopping moon landing to get ISS card and other things).

I am pretty sure I can get a sub 200 CV with Périclès on any map. Acropolis first then CH to get trade routes is a pretty good strategy with Pépé. Same with Sweden and their wonderfuls Apadana + GL. I am usually a full peaceful player and I often reset if I get a weird DoW on early without a defense.

Spoiler Hall of Fame Screenshots of the games I finished in the last month. :

upload_2020-4-22_19-56-12.png

I'm guessing about winning a game with every civ and see what can I do on DV and SV.

Last edited:
3:30 AM all the other player went to sleep, losers.. :lol:

SP, if I stick out a game to the end it's going to be 200+ turns with a domination victory that turns into a cultural one. Right now I play on harden difficulties with more civs and usually loose to a cultural.

MP I won a 10-20 turn victory when the other player got rushed by barbs. I tried to give him a break by building wonders but I got a CV.

cannot speak for R&F or GS, but on vanilla Civ VI I had multiple science victories around 180 - 170, later managed to get as low as t150! I started a thread for exactly this purpose: To come together and discuss strategies for optimal SVs. Feel free to check it out:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/science-victory-strategy-and-boasting-compendium-ツ.605930/

user Civtrader6 managed to win a SV game below t140, which is really impressive. I do think SV has gotten slower with GS, but imho a SV at around t150 on standard should very well be possible. It would be nice if we could survive this thread, I think it's a big shame that the Civ 6 strategy forum is pretty much dead. honestly, even the civ 5 strategy forum is more active, and comes up with more new strategies than this one :D so bringing the community together and having productive discussion is the next step towards improving everyone's gameplay (and fun, hopefully!)

You want me to try? I may be wrong, just guessing.

yes, yes I do!

My PB on CV is a T143 with Trajan with a wonderful map and a gameplay focused on relics & early GWoW with Oracle, Apadana, GL.

My PB on RV is a T146 on Continent map with Peter on Deity and a T128 on Prince with Pedro (6otM 84).

I am not a fast player and I often make a lot of mistakes on optimisation. I never did a sub 200 on SV for example due to a lack of knowledge on fast mechanics (chopping moon landing to get ISS card and other things).

I am pretty sure I can get a sub 200 CV with Périclès on any map. Acropolis first then CH to get trade routes is a pretty good strategy with Pépé. Same with Sweden and their wonderfuls Apadana + GL. I am usually a full peaceful player and I often reset if I get a weird DoW on early without a defense.

Spoiler Hall of Fame Screenshots of the games I finished in the last month. :

I'm guessing about winning a game with every civ and see what can I do on DV and SV.

love your avatar. bunuel rules. that's one of my favorite surrealist shorts! I also really like Maya Derens if you haven't seen hers :)

@yung.carl.jung I managed to play a game tonight - Kupe is not known for CV's but on the right map can do well. So here is a T140 prince Huge/std CV, you can see from the options I played GOTM rules with it.
I think I was at around 200 culture and 100 science at T100 so I thought I would make a save for ya. Pericles would be easier but I am liking Kupe ATM.
upload_2020-4-26_2-31-17.png

upload_2020-4-26_2-35-18.png

Attachments

• KUPE 140 580 AD.Civ6Save
    2.7 MB · Views: 40
  • KUPE 100 400 BC.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
Hey Victoria, I really would love to get back at you and post my own game that I finished, but I literally cannot. Haven't been able to finish even one single player game since I bought RF and GS. Every time I get to around t90-110 my savegames corrupt, I get constant CTDs and have to start over. I genuinely paid upwards of 40 dollars for 2K to break my game. Participating in these forum threads has always been the single most fun thing about civilization for me, shame that is never going to happen with Civ 6 by the looks of it.

Last game I played was super promising. Tried religious science strat as Russia and I managed to get 14 cities down on turn 82. Had great adjacency boni on my districts. All neighbors loved me for some reason. Shame I'll never get to see how that turns out, I invested close to 8 hours until t100.

Every time I get to around t90-110 my savegames corrupt
desktop? Mods? Reinstall?
Something is certainly amiss that other ain’t getting.

I am spending most free moments ironing scrubs for the NHS, we are running one of the for the love of scrubs teams.

desktop? Mods? Reinstall?
Something is certainly amiss that other ain’t getting.

it's a clean modless install. i've tried everything. currently have a ticket open, so let's hope that will help

Top Bottom