When did you build the Great Light? (GOTM9 spoiler)

In what year did you build the Great Lighthouse?

• On or before 1000 BC

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • After 1000 BC but on or before 300 BC

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • After 300 BC but on or before 100 BC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • After 100 BC but on of before 10 AD

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • After 10 AD but on orbefore 200 AD

• After 200 AD and I still WON the game

• After 200 AD but I LOST the game

• Some other Civ beat me to the great light but I still WON

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Some other Civ beat me to the great light and I LOST

• I got defeated before the Great Light was built

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We built the Pyramids in 950 BC, starting the Egyptian Golden Age.

The Colossus followed in 710 BC, the same year we discovered Japan. They built the Oracle in 670 BC. :(

Egypt finished the Great Lighthouse in 450 BC and the Great Library in 150 BC. Of course after discovering The Republic in 250 BC our science rate had already been set to zero. :)

Finally we completed the Great Wall in 150 AD, before we entered the next age on the following turn.

In "Cleopatra, Queen of Thebes," the Lighthouse was never attempted by Egypt. There was plenty of room for colonies on the islands to the north and in Japan to the east, which were already accessible to Egyptian galleys. In order to discover exotic Civs, "intrepid galleys" are generally much less expensive than the Lighthouse. (Not that the Queen wouldn't have enjoyed the extra culture!)

Cleopatra, Queen of Thebes
http://www.zachriel.com/gotm9/

bumping these back to the top of the page to try and help us get more than 38 responses for this month.

Looks like I have a surprisingly late lighthouse at 270AD compared to everyone else. Helped to move my ships faster so I get single digit turns instead of double digit moving across the map, and seek out the WM. Pyramids would have been better, but I was beaten to it.

Top Bottom