When do you ragequit?

That. Would be awesome. In my head I always label the river next to Egypt the Nile, and the one next o Beijing Yellow River. Wish they would let us make labels and .

Why cant we do this anymore? Anyone ever played civilization revolution? I know its a lot more popular since coming out for IOS. As you discover pre-selected "unique" tiles on the map you can name them based on your civ. So for example spain might have the pamplonan forest or russia might have the kolbalysk plain (cant remember if those are accurate havent played in a bit but still have it for 360!) The only effect it has is a one time gold bonus to the person who names it which is the first player to step a unit on the tile. Rivers are also named as i recall just have to find the right tile on the river. Sid Meier, this is a request to please add the tile naming feature in all CIV games b/c its cool

When my capital is down to almost nothing in health, due to the earliest war I have ever had (turn 11, with Attila no less) and my pot shot from the city didn't destroy his ram.

when opportunistic barbarians sack my capital because montezuma reduced it to 1 health but neglected to bring enough units to capture it. Actually i ended up loading and winning that game later but was still infuriating that a barbarian trireme and swordsman showed up right as i got rid of monty's last meele unit

You decide to sit down and start that archipelago game you've been thinking about.
Everything's going good, you've got your first wonder or two down and are expanding nicely. You decide to explore the nearby islands to meet your neighbors when suddenly-

...oh, hai England..

You decide to sit down and start that archipelago game you've been thinking about.
Everything's going good, you've got your first wonder or two down and are expanding nicely. You decide to explore the nearby islands to meet your neighbors when suddenly-

...oh, hai England..

Even worse ...

.. oh, hai Polynesia.

@poom3619

there is no need to worry about GL being built by AI. You have a solid chance to have porcelain tower, and with rationalism, good diplomacy (just propose world fair, int. games and whatever makes AI happy) and you will have a lot of DoF/ Research Agreements and their head start evaporates fast.

Be sure to go for National College fast, that is far more important for science!!

Inland Sea's

1 turn build a wonder with a Great Engineer and have someone else build it before it's your turn again.

Have an AI take the barb camp your archer just cleaned.

Deity AI bonus'es where no matter how well you play or how lucky you are with start/ruins you can't compete.

Reload an autosave, to fix a mistake, just to make it again.

The only games I ragequit are GoTMs (where you're not allowed to replay any moves). It sometimes happened after an unintentional wrong movement order, like sending a worker instead of a spearman to the nearby barbarian explosion.

Ragequit when:

1 Korea is wonder spamming again (the often manage to build wonders every 5 turns, result of good startlocation and their sick UA)

2. Horrible starting location

This. I DESPERATELY want to be able to label areas of the map as i explore them. I'd love for battles and city placement to have some deeper meaning and background more than simply "ooh, resources! plop"

Agreed. +1

I am trying to get bored too quickly with the game itself; that is why when I play, I play Coop.

Marc

Lol just a few mins ago ragequit game :lol:

I had good start position as Morocco (mostly desert tile) then I saw Zulu near my only city -OCC btw- I was exploring the world, when I checked my home, suddenly saw 3 Zulu cities around my city. I said "OK, I can handle that". then an unmet civ built GL before me. beaten by 1 turn. so, here I am.

When I have Desert Folklore giving me +5 faith a turn, am allied with three Religious city-states, +2 faith from Shrines, and Stonehenge, only to be beaten to a religion by both Ethiopia and the Celts by five turns, and obviously they've sniped the exact beliefs I want.

And I swear both of those two always are present on every map. x.x

Egregious misclicks will do it for me. Cities in the wrong square, running workers at barbs instead of away, and clicking the wrong SPs.

I had a wonderful start lately. I had THREE Gems within the borders of my first city. I couldn't wait to get the +2 faith from Gems. After I selected that, I wondered why I wasn't seeing the extra +2 faith on the tiles. Then, I realized I had 3 SILVER!

Doh!

I didn't have a save of the start either, so it was a quit.

Cheers.

If I had quit my games because it wasn't a favorable setup or because I wasn't winning, then I would never have learned to become a better player and learned how to deal with adversity better. I don't feel entitled to have everything go my way.

the other civ worriers hover around and when you have killed the last barb, they then swoop in and get the gold AND city state alliance. double grr!

Haha that's usually me with my scout taking the kill when the barb's at < 10 HP ;)

Top Bottom