When to take (kill) a culture

jnc007

Chieftain
I'm playing my first game of Civ III ever. I started on "call to power," lost a lot and then bought civ III.

Anyway I'm in the middle ages of a biggers lvl and I expanded in such way that I've cornered the irish. I've taken number of their cities by what I think is called a "culture flip." They're now considerably smaller than me. I'm wondering when I should take their capital? Its six blocks from one of my towns and 3 from one of my boarders. Should I keep whiteling them down? or should I just attack the capital and take it? If I just took the capital will it hop to a city that hasn't been taken yet? When I do finally demolish a culture does it have any effect on the cultures surrrounding me? Will I get anything useful other than land from these taken cultures?

If you caputure the capital it will go to a untaken city. Since you have many citizens from their culture they will cause civil disorder when you go to war with their homeland. If you take their territory you will get resourses and their cities. Welcome to CFC :band: [party]

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that you will culture flip a capital. I have seen a screenshot of it only once, and that was slightly dubious. When you "demolish" a culture, it will have no effect on the cultures surrounding you. You will get population and production out of these "taken cultures" (cities, I hope you mean), which are very useful.

Actually, isn't it impossible to culture flip a capital? To the original poster, if you are dominating them so badly, unless you have some overwhelmingly good reason to keep tem around, finish them off. Even w/a superior culture, there's always a small risk that any city with foreigners could flip back, so it's better off to wipe out your opponent.

BTW

Originally posted by jnc007
Anyway I'm in the middle ages of a biggers lvl and I expanded in such way that I've cornered the irish

:confused: Irish??? :confused: Is that a PTW or C3C civ?

@xxaaaxx: That's what I think too. It is this way in practice, but I have seen a thread in which a capital was culture flipped. Of course that's only one capital flip in the experience of the entire Civ3 community that visits these forums, and it may not be true. I can't find this thread with search disabled.

Top Bottom