When you edit with the editor does it

TownsendVol

Bringer of Justic & Hope
change every game from then on or does it just change the games you start after, or just the game your in at the time.

Also when you save a game does it save the editor changes or do I have to start a new game?

Example:

I start a game. I edit the resources to pop up more often. Then I continue to play. Do they now pop up more often or do I have to start a new game for the settings to take effect. Please explain how the editor works.

Heres how it works.

In Civ 3 there is a standard bic file called Civ3mod.bic

It contains all rules in the game and if you just normally fire up a game using new game option, it will use that ruleset.

So when you open up CivEdit, open up that file (N.B. Make backup of the bic file. Repeat make a backup of the bic file!) and start goofing around.

The rules will take effect immediatly when you load up the next game.

So if you changed spearman to have 90/90/5. Then all spearmen in the game, even if it was saved before hand will have the new stats.

I am not sure about the resources. I believe resources are generated on map creation and the number is set in stone once the game begins. Even if you add an increase in frequency, I doubt it will casuse more spawnings of the resource spontaneously.

Apart from this, I do believe everything else takes effect immediatly.

Top Bottom