1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

When's The Fastest You've Got TANKS?

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by BOSS NASTi, Jul 7, 2008.

1. BOSS NASTi

BOSS NASTi The Boss.

Now I was doing a little experimenting last night and the fastest I got them without going straight for them or taking a direct path, was by 50 A.D. But I then realized that I could have got them a couple turns before 0 A.D. if I would have focused on that tech path. Just wondering what others have done.

2. vale

vale Mathematician

Is this really a strategy or a tip?

Combustion is a tech I rarely research in the demo because it isn't important for any victory type. You don't need tanks to get domination early and you definitely don't need combustion for economic and cultural victories seeing as how it unlocks no economic benefits and no wonders or cultural benefits except possibly opening the way for Atlantis to pop Corporation.

3. General Drake

General Drake Chieftain

Why is the speed in which you get a unit relevant?

Did you do this with your 40% handicap too?

This strategy doesn't work, any well-rounded player, upon finding out your intentions to mindlessly tech would just use the current age military to come dominate you before you got enough tanks to really be any threat.

4. Widowmaker313

Widowmaker313 Chieftain

Haha 40% handicap, Boss Nasti now has a bad rep!

5. MonRiverMonarch

MonRiverMonarch Oar Master

I got tanks in 1000 BC (80% handicap) ha ha

6. General Drake

General Drake Chieftain

hell yeah, MonRiver is one of those " experienced " players, like Boss Nasti.

:p

7. someguy486

someguy486 Chieftain

I don't understand how yall are getting tanks so quickly. By the end of the demo the most advanced unit I have is a catapult and once i had knights.

8. MonRiverMonarch

MonRiverMonarch Oar Master

General Drake hell yeah, MonRiver is one of those " experienced " players, like Boss Nasti. :p

Ha ha...actually, I don't really have Rev, but playing Civ I, II, III & IV for 10+ years makes me wonder why people will cheat or mod the game just to get a big point victory or beat the game in as few turns as possible. I just think its a relaxing way to kill some time in between working two jobs & taking care of my kid. Cheers