When's The Fastest You've Got TANKS?

BOSS NASTi

The Boss.
Now I was doing a little experimenting last night and the fastest I got them without going straight for them or taking a direct path, was by 50 A.D. But I then realized that I could have got them a couple turns before 0 A.D. if I would have focused on that tech path. Just wondering what others have done.

Is this really a strategy or a tip?

Combustion is a tech I rarely research in the demo because it isn't important for any victory type. You don't need tanks to get domination early and you definitely don't need combustion for economic and cultural victories seeing as how it unlocks no economic benefits and no wonders or cultural benefits except possibly opening the way for Atlantis to pop Corporation.

Why is the speed in which you get a unit relevant?

Did you do this with your 40% handicap too?

This strategy doesn't work, any well-rounded player, upon finding out your intentions to mindlessly tech would just use the current age military to come dominate you before you got enough tanks to really be any threat.

Haha 40% handicap, Boss Nasti now has a bad rep!

I don't understand how yall are getting tanks so quickly. By the end of the demo the most advanced unit I have is a catapult and once i had knights.

General Drake hell yeah, MonRiver is one of those " experienced " players, like Boss Nasti. :p

Ha ha...actually, I don't really have Rev, but playing Civ I, II, III & IV for 10+ years makes me wonder why people will cheat or mod the game just to get a big point victory or beat the game in as few turns as possible. I just think its a relaxing way to kill some time in between working two jobs & taking care of my kid. Cheers

Top Bottom