[C3C] Where are text files located for Conquests to alter a variety of options?

Ok, having a blast playing around with personal usage Scenarios, strictly Single Player mind you. Best way I can describe what I am looking for,( if it is even possible) is similar to Call To Power notepad (or text documents) entries for instance, RUINS (Goody Huts) had a list of 100 % of possibilities, Maybe 2 % Settler found, 45 % low gold, 35% high gold,13 % technology advance and 5% Units, then others were at zero % unless you tweaked them, such as Barbarians, found City and a few others. Does this even exist in CIV III Conquests? Thanks for any assistance!

(Sorry, but) Goody-Hut probabilities are hardcoded in the .exe, so can't be modded to taste.

Best you can do to improve the Goody-Hut results is to give all tribes in your mod the Expansionist trait, so that you'll never get Barbarians from them (which will proportionally increase the probabilities of all the other possible outcomes, especially at higher difficulty levels where Barbs are increasingly the most likely result for non-Exp tribes).

Even if all tribes are Exp, though, you will still get Barb-camps spawning on tiles beyond visual range, and the Barb uprisings on era-change.

(Sorry, but) Goody-Hut probabilities are hardcoded in the .exe, so can't be modded to taste.

Best you can do to improve the Goody-Hut results is to give all tribes in your mod the Expansionist trait, so that you'll never get Barbarians from them (which will proportionally increase the probabilities of all the other possible outcomes, especially at higher difficulty levels where Barbs are increasingly the most likely result for non-Exp tribes).

Even if all tribes are Exp, though, you will still get Barb-camps spawning on tiles beyond visual range, and the Barb uprisings on era-change.
Thanks

I selected no barbarians when I set up my scenario.

I do appreciate your response and helping me answer the question about Goody Huts.

Just curious, whereas Goody Huts are hard coded, does that also go for other files, like the city improvements or terrain improvements?

Thanks for the assistance!!

Just FYI, setting Barbarians to None at game-start will (AFAIK) also prevent the Goody-Huts from being spawned.

You can easily change the terrain-yields (before and after roads, mines and irrigation) and the existing building-properties using the Editor.

You can rename the existing terrains in the Editor, and if you're a good graphic artist you can also completely redesign them (and several talented artists have already done so). Unfortunately it's not possible to increase the total number of terrain-types beyond the slots already available, BUT some terrains also have "Landmark" variants which can be given different properties (e.g. you could set Plains to be roadable, but LM-Plains to be non-roadable). However, LM terrains can only be added to a prebuilt map, they will not be included in a randomly generated map.

It is possible to add new units, buildings and Wonders to a .biq, but that requires setting up a new mod-folder in .../Conquests/Scenarios/, and doing additional work with the respective text- and graphic-files, which then need to be saved in that folder.

There are some really good recent tutorials by @Pelo McSoy in the "Tutorials and Guides" subforum, which describe in detail what you need to do to add new buildings, units and more.

If you have a Scenario set with No Barbarians and you start a normal Civ Game and flag it to use "Raging Hordes" for Barbarians, you can immediately quit that game then start the Scenario set with No Barbarians and you will get Barbarian Camps spawn in territory that is not owned.
I changed Barbarian Camps graphics to a collapsed parachute with a supply box and called them "Stray Supply Drops". They appear and can be picked up for 50 Supplies in Escape Form Zombie Island 2 Elite.

Just FYI, setting Barbarians to None at game-start will (AFAIK) also prevent the Goody-Huts from being spawned.

You can easily change the terrain-yields (before and after roads, mines and irrigation) and the existing building-properties using the Editor.

You can rename the existing terrains in the Editor, and if you're a good graphic artist you can also completely redesign them (and several talented artists have already done so). Unfortunately it's not possible to increase the total number of terrain-types beyond the slots already available, BUT some terrains also have "Landmark" variants which can be given different properties (e.g. you could set Plains to be roadable, but LM-Plains to be non-roadable). However, LM terrains can only be added to a prebuilt map, they will not be included in a randomly generated map.

It is possible to add new units, buildings and Wonders to a .biq, but that requires setting up a new mod-folder in .../Conquests/Scenarios/, and doing additional work with the respective text- and graphic-files, which then need to be saved in that folder.

There are some really good recent tutorials by @Pelo McSoy in the "Tutorials and Guides" subforum, which describe in detail what you need to do to add new buildings, units and more.
Yes, so to counter I set a variety of Goody Huts randomly around the world.

Top Bottom