Where are the natural disasters?

Do you think there should be natural disasters in Civ III?

• Yes, that would be cool!

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • No, it'd just mess up the game even more.

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I don't know/don't care

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Originally posted by uknemesis
No natural disasters please! Cause I would just love building a huge army ready to destroy Germany only to have it blown away by a tornado or something! Now that would really just p*ss me right off lol.

Natural Disasters wouldn't be this dangerous. Tornadoes hit the US all the time, but you don't see the army being blown away, do you?

No Maple they haven't destroyed our modern army, but historically it has happened. Take the case of when the Chinese got all power hungry wack in their heads and decided to invade Japan. They ammassed this mighty armada, only too be blown away at sea by a tsunami. The last thing I need in a civ game is to have my mid-evil invasion force destroyed by a hurricane at sea. This could just ruin a GOTM.

I am actually starting to agree with the people who said no. Natural disasters might strike at a time you don't want to, and think of all the complaining threads!!! That's another stupid idea of mine in the garbage. [crumples up paper and tossess it in the trash can]

Originally posted by WarlordMatt
I am actually starting to agree with the people who said no. Natural disasters might strike at a time you don't want to, and think of all the complaining threads!!! That's another stupid idea of mine in the garbage. [crumples up paper and tossess it in the trash can]
lol! yeah. Firaxis probably thought of the idea then decided against it. It was in Civ 1 in a minor way. If you had certain city improvements, the disaster couldn't happen. if it was kept in this minor way, it may be ok, but i still wouldn't want it.

Originally posted by The Last Conformist
Estimates of meteor strike rates are notoriously uncertain, - . Now, most strike the sea, usually far from any shore, and -

Yeah, I can see it now :

Admiral McGraw, Flag Officer of the Great Reprisal Fleet, stands in the hushed bridge of the Battleship Retribution. Binoculars raised, he squints briefly as the early morning sun glares off the water and he surveys the fleet. Four fully-laden aircraft carriers, eight battleships, twelve cruisers and assorted transports. Yes, the journey had been hard - and long, 12 years since they'd put to sea from Plymouth - but now, as the Babylonian coast lay just off The Retribution's bow, his mission was finally at hand.
He pauses slightly, then lowers his binoculars slowly and turns to his Exec.
'Tell me, No1' he says with a slight, puzzled frown.
'Do you hear a whistling sound ?'

Top Bottom