Where to download older versions from 2020?

rp03ev

Chieftain
All the posts by Gabezo says empty folder in his mega links...anyone know where to download the older versions from 2020? versions from Jan-March this year.

All the posts by Gabezo says empty folder in his mega links...anyone know where to download the older versions from 2020? versions from Jan-March this year.

Look in the old versions folder (see my 'how to install' link in my sig and follow it to the old versions folder). Not sure what is in there but you might find something.

Look in the old versions folder (see my 'how to install' link in my sig and follow it to the old versions folder). Not sure what is in there but you might find something.
Maybe it is worth to include this link whenever a new version is published, just in case. There is a bunch of people in reddit asking the same thing.

We've been over this when I asked for the same thing. At that time there was only one version from April with challenge-killing XP bug. And NONE of the betas from July 2019 till now, and we've been having new sometimes twice a week due to your hard work and dedication to this mod. I understand limited space reasons but I urged you then and I urge you now to consider having at least 2 most recent major betas always stored along with stable ones. Because for example all of the recent ones are far more stable and with less bugs than the current stable one of June for many.

@rp03ev Here you are
In the archive you can find all the March betas. I recommend installing 3-15 and upgrading it to 4-12 (the other archive that I included to manually install over folders in the mod menu folder (in My Documents), it's stable and it has virtually all the features of the current ones (new pantheons and what not) while not having only two major changes (great wall still obsoleting at dynamite and no buff to pastures). And it doesn't have XP bug.
When I was in need it was @Aqinu, @vyyt, @Milae, who helped me and provided with the links to betas no longer stored by Gazebo, if you or any other player will have this problems, they are solid users to ask on private messages. You can also ask me, but I am rarely active now.

We've been over this when I asked for the same thing. At that time there was only one version from April with challenge-killing XP bug. And NONE of the betas from July 2019 till now, and we've been having new sometimes twice a week due to your hard work and dedication to this mod. I understand limited space reasons but I urged you then and I urge you now to consider having at least 2 most recent major betas always stored along with stable ones. Because for example all of the recent ones are far more stable and with less bugs than the current stable one of June for many.

@rp03ev Here you are
In the archive you can find all the March betas. I recommend installing 3-15 and upgrading it to 4-12 (the other archive that I included to manually install over folders in the mod menu folder (in My Documents), it's stable and it has virtually all the features of the current ones (new pantheons and what not) while not having only two major changes (great wall still obsoleting at dynamite and no buff to pastures). And it doesn't have XP bug.
When I was in need it was @Aqinu, @vyyt, @Milae, who helped me and provided with the links to betas no longer stored by Gazebo, if you or any other player will have this problems, they are solid users to ask on private messages. You can also ask me, but I am rarely active now.

I don't store betas because they're generally made irrelevant due to a critical bugfix. Also storage space is at a premium.

all ur mega links for older versions says folder empty

I don't store betas because they're generally made irrelevant due to a critical bugfix. Also storage space is at a premium.
C'mon, G. You know that's it not the always the case, you make them yourself. Recent "stable" version has CTD for some, disappearing planes, Kasbahs bug, others big ones I don't remember that were in the June thread. March betas were almost bug free and changes were mostly small balance fixes and Recursie diplo upgrades between them, not bugfixes. All of them, along with April one are far more stable and with less bugs than June one was for other a month.
You can consider moving for example 2016 versions, which you store with links readily available to us, to somewhere else or private repository. They are not as useful as recent betas, they are quite a few people who are searching for newer betas, or people have unfunished games from previous betas, or they are making YouTube playthroughs and so on. I can't imagine as many people interested in 2016 or 2017 versions. It's not a priority, we can manage without it, but it would be more friendly for those who don't have accounts here.

The main betas folder is also empty, but older version have this: https://mega.nz/folder/TBF1lKba#5qEL7OE4Qz8AIxXFFNsO_g/folder/fN9lVQ5a
It's April 17 version, I don't recommend using it. March 15 is much better.
I can't find the March versions anywhere, I tried. The link you posted only has the April version, nothing else from 2020. I might just play 2019 or 2018 versions since the AI back then was actually aggressive and will invade you if you dont build your military, unlike the new super passive AI now.

Edit: Nvm just saw that you posted the link to March betas in the other post. Ill try it out..thanks :)

Last edited:
I might just play 2019 or 2018 versions since the AI back then was actually aggressive and will invade you if you dont build your military, unlike the new super passive AI now.
No need to. I just edit values in the Balance Patch/Core Files/Core Changes DiploApproachWeights.sql
INSERT INTO Defines (Name, Value)
SELECT 'APPROACH_WAR_BASE_HUMAN_PERCENT', '0';
and
SELECT 'APPROACH_WAR_BASE_AI_PERCENT', '0';

I change 0 to 80 on this, and on others (others than neutral) so AI are far more eager to war, and slightly more eager to be backstabbing, friendly, afraid, or treacherous, BOTH to the player and other AIs.

With it you can have updated versions with competitive AI. Just don't yourself killed to quickly and be VERY careful when you play tradition (it's not friendliness asylum anymore and there's no Harley Quinn to tender anybody anymore). So when you see any border frictions, the will be war and singing DoF with both parties will sooner or later make you hated by both. Choose your sides wisely. Also AI will change throughout the game (Recursive work, very realistic). Even from denouncing and hostile to you to cooperative, friendly with DoFs and Defensive Pacts if you will be more powerful than them and you will be fighting their main enemy. Also tradition AI, especially those in the lead like to declare often and eat up a neighbor, so be careful. But it massively benefits authority and progress AI so the game is much smoother.

No need to. I just edit values in the Balance Patch/Core Files/Core Changes DiploApproachWeights.sql
SELECT 'APPROACH_WAR_BASE_HUMAN_PERCENT', '0';
and
SELECT 'APPROACH_WAR_BASE_AI_PERCENT', '0';

I change 0 to 80 on this, and on others (others than neutral) so AI are far more eager to war, and slightly more eager to be backstabbing, friendly, afraid, or treacherous, BOTH to the player and other AIs.

With it you can have updated versions with competitive AI. Just don't yourself killed to quickly and be VERY careful when you play tradition (it's not friendliness asylum anymore and there's no Harley Quinn to tender anybody anymore). So when you see any border frictions, the will be war and singing DoF with both parties will sooner or later make you hated by both. Choose your sides wisely. Also AI will change throughout the game (Recursive work, very realistic). Even from denouncing and hostile to you to cooperative, friendly with DoFs and Defensive Pacts if you will be more powerful than them and you will be fighting their main enemy. Also tradition AI, especially those in the lead like to declare often and eat up a neighbor, so be careful. But it massively benefits authority and progress AI so the game is much smoother.

Hey, Cokolwiek there are very interesting changes you make. Can you write exactly, which values you also change ? I don't want to mess anything up, and I not very good at modding :)

Hey, Cokolwiek there are very interesting changes you make. Can you write exactly, which values you also change ? I don't want to mess anything up, and I not very good at modding :)
So this file has 5 sections. I edit only values that are percentage, not flat, I don't not what values would be good for that.
This is the second section of the file, you can just replace it or you can 2 and 8, as all values are normally zero. Of course you can tweak the number as you like, I'm not sure if three digit numbers would work however. The things I changed guarantee your competitors and enemies will declare if any border friction will occur (forward settling a warmonger is a death sentence without decent army and focus on military techs), while nobody will be neutral throughout most of the game. Those with shared interest or distant trade partners will be friendly and more cooperative, those who don't like you guarded, not neutral, so it will influence things like open borders, resources price and so on. Also AI will fight very frequently between themselves, without it being deathmatch. It creates a living world.
Spoiler :

-- % settings (positive values increase the approach weight by this percentage; negative values decrease it; applied after the base weight above)
SELECT 'APPROACH_NEUTRAL_BASE_HUMAN_PERCENT', '0';

SELECT 'APPROACH_FRIENDLY_BASE_HUMAN_PERCENT', '20';

SELECT 'APPROACH_AFRAID_BASE_HUMAN_PERCENT', '20';

SELECT 'APPROACH_GUARDED_BASE_HUMAN_PERCENT', '20';

SELECT 'APPROACH_DECEPTIVE_BASE_HUMAN_PERCENT', '20';

SELECT 'APPROACH_HOSTILE_BASE_HUMAN_PERCENT', '20';

SELECT 'APPROACH_WAR_BASE_HUMAN_PERCENT', '80';

And this is the fourth section, it's very clear in the file. Again, the same values but for AI calculating approach for the other AIs, not the human player.
Spoiler :

-- % settings (positive values increase the approach weight by this percentage; negative values decrease it; applied after the base weight above)
SELECT 'APPROACH_NEUTRAL_BASE_AI_PERCENT', '0';

SELECT 'APPROACH_FRIENDLY_BASE_AI_PERCENT', '20';

SELECT 'APPROACH_AFRAID_BASE_AI_PERCENT', '20';

SELECT 'APPROACH_GUARDED_BASE_AI_PERCENT', '20';

SELECT 'APPROACH_DECEPTIVE_BASE_AI_PERCENT', '20';

SELECT 'APPROACH_HOSTILE_BASE_AI_PERCENT', '20';

SELECT 'APPROACH_WAR_BASE_AI_PERCENT', '80';

So this file has 5 sections. I edit only values that are percentage, not flat, I don't not what values would be good for that.
This is the second section of the file, you can just replace it or you can 2 and 8, as all values are normally zero. Of course you can tweak the number as you like, I'm not sure if three digit numbers would work however. The things I changed guarantee your competitors and enemies will declare if any border friction will occur (forward settling a warmonger is a death sentence without decent army and focus on military techs), while nobody will be neutral throughout most of the game. Those with shared interest or distant trade partners will be friendly and more cooperative, those who don't like you guarded, not neutral, so it will influence things like open borders, resources price and so on. Also AI will fight very frequently between themselves, without it being deathmatch. It creates a living world.
Spoiler :

And this is the fourth section, it's very clear in the file. Again, the same values but for AI calculating approach for the other AIs, not the human player.
Spoiler :

Three digit numbers will work, but you can't go below -100.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Do you have to change the approach values to 1 before changing the % values u stated? Bc on mine all the approach values are set to 0...and these % just increase those approach values by w/e % you change it to....so if the all the approach values are set to 0 wont changing these % be pointless since all the approach values are set to 0? Should I set the approach value to 1 or just leave it as 0 and only edit the % values like u stated here?

Do you have to change the approach values to 1 before changing the % values u stated? Bc on mine all the approach values are set to 0...and these % just increase those approach values by w/e % you change it to....so if the all the approach values are set to 0 wont changing these % be pointless since all the approach values are set to 0? Should I set the approach value to 1 or just leave it as 0 and only edit the % values like u stated here?

The approaches are given other weights by the diplomacy AI. The flat weight in this file is bonus weight added on top of the other weight. The percentage multiplier is then added on top of (other weight + flat weight).

3-15, not 3-1b or 3-15-2 ?
Oh, I forgot there is another 3-15 there. Of course 3-15-2. Then manually apply patch-vp-20200315-to-20200412 file in my documents////mods.
No, as Recursive said, only percentage values. Or you can grab the full file here. Those flat values are not zero in the real game, they have all something like -40 for denouncement, -40 for border disputes, -20 for city-states competition, -10 for different religions and policies (numbers may be off, I have them hidden so I don't not exact numbers).

Top Bottom