Where to Settle -V

rsc2a

Warlord
Where would you settle here?

20210726194749_1.jpg

I would go with the hill between the 3 wheat. You have silver, access to a NW, eventually you can grab that lapis, and tons of both wheat food and Hill hammers. should be a very solid city.

The hill NE of the wonder. It brings a fifth silver into your territory, admittedly with some gold cost. Working the wonder immediately and getting your monopoly seem like top priorities, and that city should do well in the long run too. You also leave room for a future city along the coast, probably on the jungle next to Lapis, which is good for England. You need to be able to make your UU outside the capital.

The hill NE of the wonder. It brings a fifth silver into your territory, admittedly with some gold cost. Working the wonder immediately and getting your monopoly seem like top priorities, and that city should do well in the long run too. You also leave room for a future city along the coast, probably on the jungle next to Lapis, which is good for England. You need to be able to make your UU outside the capital.
I'd even settle the coastal city first, because it should grow strong as possible before the neighbour from SW arrives (is it the U.S.?)

I agree with the hill NE of the wonder for better silver access, though if you didn't need to finish that monopoly I would also consider the floodplain SW of the wonder by the wheat.

EDIT: Just noticed the other Silver. I think either spot is good depending on your future ambitions.

EDIT: Just noticed the other Silver. I think either spot is good depending on your future ambitions.

yeah some of the feedback so far is about that Far East silver, but the civ already has 4 so the silver where that spearman is at is all you need. More silver is more good but I would push so Far East for it…there’s much nice land closer to home.

Yeah, I missed that the civ already has four, thought they were at three. However, I do think there is good land to the east. What social policy tree and pantheon do we have here?

Top Bottom