• Rome (Trajan)

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • England (Victoria)

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Germany (Fredrick Barbarossa)

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I rolled a random civ and got Spain as well. I found their uniques pretty pathetic, but then I didn't go for a religious victory. The Conquistador was OK, but the Mission seemed very weak. I think the cross-continent trade bonus could be good, but the geography of my particular game didn't allow me to take much advantage of it.

I played as the US first, I guess because I live there. I liked them a lot, especially the home continent strength bonus, very helpful against early barbarians I think, though I still don't know what a government legacy bonus is, but I got them in half the time.

Spain, because random. It was nice because it got one of the worst civs over with.

I rolled a random civ and got Spain as well. I found their uniques pretty pathetic, but then I didn't go for a religious victory. The Conquistador was OK, but the Mission seemed very weak. I think the cross-continent trade bonus could be good, but the geography of my particular game didn't allow me to take much advantage of it.
I did. It was pretty trivial. Nice in the early game, but mid to late game, district and policy bonuses mattered so much more than the bonus.

By the time conquistadors rolled around, I was well on my way into the modern era on the snowball. I got no use out of mine. The missions were useless and the religious combat bonus was...marginal. Just too small to really care about.

It honestly felt like a civ with no bonuses at all. The lack of speciality districts, district bonuses of some kind or extra policy slots (or something wacky like sumeria's bonus, which gave me a lot of boosts for the whole game) really hurt.

It may sound silly to many. But I choose Sumeria because it was the first, urban, civilisation in history, and I thought it would be a good pick to discover the game.

I chose Russia because I always felt that civ V lacked from any reason to build on Tundra. Russia has that in civ VI.

I played as Sumeria first as I'm thinking to play each leader in "chronological" order.

I liked the early game bonuses they get. The Ziggurat helped propel a good civic+tech engine. War carts were very useful to quickly clear camps and take advantage of Sumer's "Epic Quest". I think Sumeria can be a great beginner civ because the AI is most war crazy in the early game and Sumeria has a good advantage to defend against them while trying to figure out how to use all the extra science and culture to build your empire.

I played as Sumeria first as I'm thinking to play each leader in "chronological" order.

I liked the early game bonuses they get. The Ziggurat helped propel a good civic+tech engine. War carts were very useful to quickly clear camps and take advantage of Sumer's "Epic Quest". I think Sumeria can be a great beginner civ because the AI is most war crazy in the early game and Sumeria has a good advantage to defend against them while trying to figure out how to use all the extra science and culture to build your empire.

I haven't played as Sumeria yet, but I want too soon, I like science, so I like the sound of the Ziggurat

Arabia. I was planning to go for a science victory but accidentally won a religious one (it was on a Duel map, the other civ had one city).

I chose Scythia since it was a new one. I did use their horses to help fight Sumeria who declared war on me twice but I had set up an easy game with only a few opponents to learn about city development for my first try and accidentally won a culture victory with score around Dan Quayle Ha ha

First game was Aztecs. I wanted a wide civ, and they fit that nicely. I won a science victory. Next I think I will try Rome and domination.

I went with Sumeria. Gilgamesh's beard was too good to pass up. Finished a dominant culture victory in the 1960s.

Just finished my first game a couple minutes ago actually. Played as America. I wanted to go for a Space/Science victory as that is traditional for me in the Civ series of games, but my culture was running up, and America seemed well suited for a culture victory, so I went for it.

Top Bottom