Which civ's would you like?

The Assyrian Empire needs to be included. They perfected the heavy chariot as a viable war machine rather than just a mobile firing platform, although the light chariot was used by the New Kingdom Egyptians previously. They were also the most powerful empire prior to Rome.

To this day they are still the only empire to control the entire fertile crescent. They conquered much of Iran, they pushed the kush-ites out of Egypt and controlled all of Egypt for more than 2 centuries. The Assyrians also conquered the areas that included Israel, Azerbajian and much of the middle East. The most impressive was the subjagation of the Babylonian Empire, in which they did until the Chaldeans, Urartus, Babylonians, and Phoenician peoples revolted against them and caused their fall in 612 BC.

Oh and one more thing, i would like cartaginians to be out, and be replaced by phoenicians instead.

Babylonians conquered mesapotamia, *excluding persia* egypt and levantine!
(the whole cresent)

Then the persians conquerd he whole cresent!

-no one ever conquerd arabia... Because the Assyrians,Babylonians knew it was like their motherland and the people living in it were barbarians and they would loose and never gain anything, same thing for the persians however they knew that they would loose more than they would gain *and they were of arian race not arabic as some people thing*, they didn't use to approche it except for yemen once when the ethiopians came and took a part of it and their leader wanted to destroy the kaa'ba, yemen asked for the help of xerxes and he sent a few soldiers to help because they told him about the gold in yemen but he never took yemen, because the soldiers that he sent were in jail and they were happy to leave jails, so they joined yemen. And the leader of the ethiopians (ibraha) was killed and his soldiers were enslaved *this is were slavery was created :scan: * then in 20 years came the prophet muhamad *pbuh*

Anyways thats why im asking lets put the greatest empires to be! like the brazilians are of portugese origin!

But like we can put them because brazil was like empty before the portugese.

I think that they should keep all the current civs except Sumeria. Additional ones I would want to see are Khmer, Israel, Ethiopia, Mali, and maybe Polynesia. Modern nations like Australia, Brazil, and Argentina shouldn't be civs, IMO, as they are not really great empires/nations like all the rest of the current civs.

LLXerxes said:
Yes it did!
Zach Wilson had 2 maps in vanilla.

Oooops, you are right - I remember now :mischief:
The reason I never used them was the fact that the civilizations ended up in the wrong location all the time.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
I think that they should keep all the current civs except Sumeria. Additional ones I would want to see are Khmer, Israel, Ethiopia, Mali, and maybe Polynesia. Modern nations like Australia, Brazil, and Argentina shouldn't be civs, IMO, as they are not really great empires/nations like all the rest of the current civs.

Well, Israel (in it modern form) is a absolutly not a great empire/nation as it has only existed for some 50 years or so. Or maybe you were refering to the ancient Israel?

But, still they need to have some smaller civs around. It's very stupid seeing it being a bunch of modern civs all around the map (americans, english, french, germans, russians, etc.) and then they have the aztecs, incas, and myas, as the only ones representing Latin America. I think that brazil, as well as other latin american countries are quite influential.

Brazil, for example, is very industrialized on its coast and is working on industrializing much of its interior. Besides, I think that Brazil will become a major country in the world in at most 10 or 15 years, since much of its population is being much more educated now, and Brazil is more of a true democracy than America really is. Also, Brazil is one of the few Latin American countries that is finally starting to get a prominent middle class, breaking the unequal money distribution of most latin american countries. Brazil is also one of the big friends of the US, and Brazil had a lot of history as first being under dictatorship, and having a very small amount of elite that controlled all, but now, the leader of a government is one that comes from the lower classes.
But like we can put them because brazil was like empty before the portugese.
Well, I could use that same argument for America and the English peasents that went there.

Also, there were people living in Brazil before the Portuguese came here. There were many aboriginous people living in Brazil, as well as entrepeneurs of Portugal and other countries that saw Brazil as a profitable new piece of land.
Modern nations like Australia, Brazil, and Argentina shouldn't be civs, IMO, as they are not really great empires/nations like all the rest of the current civs.
Well, I personally think that Brazil has done more for the world than the Zulus and the Aztecs (and any other nations you guys can think of). The only great thing about the Zulus and Aztecs was that they were both very militaristic, and the Aztecs had that whole history of the eagle carrying snake thing. Also, the aztecs would sometimes make wars just so they could sacrifice other peoples, but there are many great things that the Brazilians have done. Take a look at this and this for more information.

Besides, the whole story of the Portuguese king & his family fleeing to Brazil during Napoleon was a big historical thing for Brazil.

I suggest you research some before you guys start making accusations about countries you probably DON'T EVEN KNOW!

I think it is clear for us all that the fact that the game spans over 6000 years make the different countries/tribes a bit difficult to balance...

After all, Arabia of today is a number of countries (please say I am right :mischief: ) and several other old "countries" of yesterday are a number of countries today. That some modern countries originates in older ones does not make it any easier.

In the end, I feel that you can not compare the old Zulu's with a modern country - wish make it very hard to pick what civilizations that "should be in the game".

By regions:

America:

Americans
Aztecs
Incas
Mayas

(Mexicans, Brazilians and Argentina)

Europe

France
English
Spain
Portugal
Russia
Germany
Rome (Italy)
Greece
Holland
Vikings

(Poland, Scotland, Celts, Hungry and Austria)

Africa

Carthage
Egypt
Zulu
Ethiopia

(Marrocos and Nibia)

Med East

Arabs
Babylon
Israel(what ever you call)
Ottomans
Hittitas
Persia

Asia

Japan
China
Mongons
India
Thailand
Korea

(Polonysians and Indonesia)

Ancient Israel certainly was an empire, even if it only had a small area (today's Israel and Jordan). It's military prowess was defensive however, and its golden age was in pre-history. For these reasons, it is overlooked quite often.

I really fail to see the point of this thread. :rolleyes:
It's like saying that the civs in Civ 3 are all civs. :crazyeye:
I'll keep out of this one. ;)

Al-Hejazi said:
Well i would like first that we put the greatest nations ever to be on earth! like the largest ones every,
-Persia
-Rome
-the Caliphate (Arabs and Turks)
-the british empire
-the french empire
and more....

Well, the first post doesn't explain much. You have to read the other posts to hear the controversies.

BRAZIL IN CIV4 !!!

independent countries=yes
independent civs=no

but, lets hope Civ4 recognizes many more modern (such as Brazil, Canada, and Australia) as well as ancient countries.

Top Bottom