Which form of government do you use?

Which form of government do you use the most?

• Despotism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Republic

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Democracy

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Monarchy

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Communism

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

spoc148

hunter of rabbits
Please vote and write what you think. Thanks.:egypt:

I chose comunisim because it's good for cranking out military units. I usually play as a religious civ so i switch between democracy for peace times and then communisim for war times.

I believe that Monarchy is alot better than Communism. Communism seems to only work well with a lot of Police Stations around. It also works better for a smaller empire.

I usually play a religious civ, so I switch monarchy to democracy. When I don't play religious civ, I take monarchy for all the Middle Ages and most of the Industrial age. Sometimes I never switch out till the end of the game.

It depends on kind of map I'm playing on.

If I'm playing on Pangaea, then I go for communism because my civ is then usually involved in a lot of warfare and tends to get quite big, so Communism is great then. (So my governments go Depotism - Monarchy - Communism)

If I'm playing on Continents, then I usually go for Republic for most of the time, because then my empire is not usually that big but I do fight quite a few wars so Republic is a good compromise between Democracy and Communism. (Desptism - Republic, and no other revolutions)

If I get a small-medium sized continent to myself (this usually happens on an Archipelago map), then I usually fight very few wars but my civ becomes very well developed and very compact so I go for Democracy. (Despotism - Republic - Democracy).

I prefer to be militaristic or at least have massive worker horedes so monarchy untill democracy, if I am going to be warlike then republic with Universal Suffrage is great. I don't like communism not one bit, I don't like having know main producing heart. I like cities that can build armies in 2 turns, you just can't get that on communism. And yes I have done it in many a game, just wherever you can build Iron works, move your capitol their, build the Iron works, factory, hoover dam, coal plant, hospitol, mine all tiles, mfg plant when the time comes, pollution about every turn so you need at least ten works nearby it for immediate pollution pick up. their is nothing like attacking a civ with twenty armies of modern armor!

I usually do not play as a religious civ so I try not to switch governemnts too often. I'll usually stick with republic for the whole game once I have switched to it. I just havn;t found that many benifits to changing to democracy. But that is just my thinking and I'm kind of warmongerish so as stated above, republic is an excellent compromise between communism and democracy.
I always build universal sufferage because I try to time my golden age with mid to late medival so I have that tech edge until mid industrial. So by the time the AI gets industrial I'm almost done with the wonder.

I add govs to the pot, so mine isn't there.

Top Bottom