Which game configuration is the easiest to learn on?

JavierLQ

Chieftain
Well after playing the vanilla Civ3 for a few days, i decided to go out and buy C3C. Anyway, i was just wondering if i could get some ideas on which map config/settings is easier to learn the game on (in other words i mean like map size, number of enemy civs, etc etc). Im having some trouble getting the hang of this game, it seems that no matter which civs i choose or whatever i am behind. I have read some articles in the war academy, and i try to expand my empire as soon as possible keeping my cities 3-4 spaces away. It seems however, that the enemy civs are superior economically, militarily, and their empires are bigger...thus i end up being surrounded in every corner and do not have room to expand.

Any tips arre appreaciated

Javier

Hippie... I just love it when I can find someone worse off than me. Sorry. I've played some but not alot so I have not forgotten what it is like to learn this game. I've been learning on small maps to help speed up the game. I also do frequent saves so I can undo a plunder and not loose a week or two's work. (BTW this game needs a undo for last move and last turn) I sometimes even change the retirement year to take a peak at how things are progressing. I also open up the saved games and experiment alot. Also read about something here and then try it for my self. I don't think I've seen a better forum for a game anywhere than the one right here. :goodjob:

There is a section called succesion games. Read that section. Look for a lower level game for tips.

I'd recommend following GK2 The Training Day Expirement. It is a training game where many concepts are discussed and questions are welcomed. The thread is long to read from beginning to end but it is well worth it. The game itself is still in the BC's, so there is still a long way to go. There is a link to it in my sig.

Also in case no one welcomed either of you to the Forums -- Welcome -- [dance]

Top Bottom