Which Game Speed Best Suits You?

Game Speed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OzzyAlyanak

Chieftain
Normal seems to be the speed equivalent to that of Civ3. Yet, for some reason, I do not get a feeling that I can use my units in their appropriate tech ages efficiently; hence come the moments where I play epic games. Marathon, on the other hand, is way too long for my taste and Quick on the contrary, considerably short. Which speed do you choose then?

I vote marathon because I like early wars.

Marathon, anything else is too fast.

I like epic the best. I like it somewhat slow. But not as slow as marathon.

I play on Normal speed.

Always Marathon.

I want my Civ-game to have a long, epic feel where technology come slowly and you are stuck with your unit-models for a long time.

Marathon for me. I'm surprised and pleased how many others seem to feel the same way.

Normal for two reasons :

- As of now, the other speeds are still too buggy.
- On slower speeds, i'd get bored too fast with the amount of micromanagement that i do every turn.

Epic, though I sometimes do Marathon, and sometimes Normal. Quick is just too fast (And normal barely gives time for upgrades.)

I've only ever played on Normal (although pre-1.52 games now show up as Epic in the Hall of Fame), so I don't know which ones are best suited to my play style. However, I'd go to Epic before heading the other way to Quick. I like slower games, but don't care about military so much to worry over out-of-date units.

I only play quick. But I also only play online games. Beating the computer player (who can "cheat" ie gets easier settings) is boring.

Online games are more fun if done in 2 hours instead of a 5 day game.

Marathon only. And even then, it's too fast for me. And that's coming from a *former* RTS fanboy.

Marathon.

I like that I have time to use my units before they become obsolete.

anything other than marathon isn't proper civilization.
this is NOT a game for the lunchbreak.

Top Bottom