which government

democracy, hust because of its AMAZING peacetime, minimal corruption, immune to propaganda, trade bonus.

Originally posted by Tough guy
i like democracy to but communism is also good because you don't have to pay for your units:cool: :king:

Communism would be the worst government for me in virtually every game I have ever played. Unless you have strictly kept to the optimum city limit, communism will simply make all of your best cities very corrupt while decreasing corruption in your far-flung colonies. And I vastly prefer rush-buying to having to kill your citizens to rush projects. Since just about nothing costs 20 shields by the time you research communism, it will take multiple citizens to get something produced, meaning the unhappiness effect will last longer. Unit support is nice, but the extra commerce under republic/democracy essentially pays for it anyway.

The best government in peacetime is clearly democracy, the best wartime government is a republic. If the war-weariness starts to get out of hand under republic, monarchy is better in just about every way than communism.

Republic is probably the best all-round government in the game. High trade, almost equal corruption to demo, and much more manageable war weariness, plus you get it really early on. If you're religious you could swap to demo, but it's not really worth it as any other civ, because of the wasted turns in anarchy.

Monarchy. With my huge army I can't support it under other ones. I only tried communism once, and decided not to ever again.

Monarchy is very good, but if you have enough gold democracy is better.

Democracy, if you can get at it and if you have sufficient lux +and happiness wonders.
Even in wars!

I mainly use republic...I like it just fine. I rarely use democracy because I just hate to waste more turns during the anarchy transition period. Is democracy really that much better at controlling corruption than republic?

Incidentally, I find this site much better than the alternative lifestyle pervs on Apolyton...MING THIS!!!

Democracy w/ Universal Suffrage is by far the superior government. Next, Republic w/ Universal Suffrage because one can sustain wars longer than Dem. w/ US. Production never takes a hit until war weariness begins and then its minmal for several turns. If one is in communism, during war (What other reason would one have?), then he's in damage control and things aren't going too well.

Disclaimer: Above does not consider a person who simply wants to be a monarchy or communist form of government.

Also, if one is in democracy w/ US, then he probably has the game won. My opinion.

Why is it said in the manual that communism has less corruption than monarchy? Is it true?

I like Democracy. If I'm a religeous civ I switch to monarchy if the war drags on.

Originally posted by FrosTi
Why is it said in the manual that communism has less corruption than monarchy? Is it true?

Ah, FrosTi, my lovely QUEBEC liberator, communism's corruption is much different than any other. The more cities you have, the more CORRUPTION in ALL of them. So that means your crappy little border city has as much corroption as your Persepolis or London, or your Paris (i had to say SOMETHING french). I'd use monarchy since your capital can at least remain with dignity. (use republic with universal suffrage, it's WAY better). The manual lies, but it's better than most games.

Enjoy!!

P.S. I live in ONTARIO. :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Add French Cityname.....:king:

I like money and dislike corruption, so Democracy is my choice.
By the time Democracy comes around, my war units are supported by railroads and so the wars are over (whether through annihilation or forced treaty) before war weariness becomes a problem. Most of the time.

Originally posted by MrBiggBoy

Ah, FrosTi, my lovely QUEBEC liberator, communism's corruption is much different than any other. The more cities you have, the more CORRUPTION in ALL of them. So that means your crappy little border city has as much corroption as your Persepolis or London, or your Paris (i had to say SOMETHING french). I'd use monarchy since your capital can at least remain with dignity. (use republic with universal suffrage, it's WAY better). The manual lies, but it's better than most games.

Enjoy!!

P.S. I live in ONTARIO. :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Add French Cityname.....:king:

so, communism is good for small empires?

I always play communist. Yeah, it's nothing special, sure democracy is better, but where is the fun of being an empire-builder if you can't throw your weight around? I'll be damned if I let some two-bit imaginary voters kick ME out of office!:)

Although I have noticed most (or all) of you were talking about civ 2, has anyone noticed that in civ 3 ctp the best way to win at any level is the disturbing tactics of researching until you discover fascism and then simply build and build and build fascists (assault 16!!!). What can a poor muskeeter do against 9 raging blonde guys with weapons, yelling "FOR THE MOTHER COUNTRY"? I find this a great mistake. Plus, the opposing civilizations never use fascism...

Top Bottom