Which Map Script Is right For Me?

manooly

Warlord
I've been playing on the Tectonics map script for a while. I do not like the desert tiles in the middle of a bunch of grasslands and forrest tiles? I'd like a map the reproduces the closest replication to earth as possible. I love HUGE, MARATHON games that drag out and take a long time to complete. If I could have a script that generates randon earth-like maps that would be perfect. I'm sure one exists already, I just may need some guidance. What would be the best map script to run when starting a new game?

Thanks!

- manooly

Big and small, massive continents

Is Big and Small an actual map script available in BtS? This will create an earth-like map correct?

No. No map script makes an earth-like map unless it states so.

Yes it is included in BTS.

If you want an awesome map, try the 18 civs earth map in the Scenario folder. Be warned though, it is extremely addictive.

"Big and Small" is good, so is "Medium and Small". I usually like "Custom Continents". IIRC there's one called "Terra" or "Old World" that gives you a large, unsettled continent to conquer.

I think earth2 in patch 3.17 might be what you're looking for.

That, or go randomized actual earth in tectonics, and set climate to tropical/wet or whatever. Far less desert and plains, though you'll have some jungle to deal with.

I think Earth2 is what you want. I suspect Rhye's RFCRAND does something similar but it's a mod.

Tectonics is neat, but very challenging sometimes. Tried Perfect World?

Top Bottom