Who else is really mad?

Shmike

Warlord
I can't force myself to play the game anymore. There's not enough content for me to keep playing. I swear I think this patch will never come out. I think civ 5 will be the end.

I can't force myself to play the game anymore. There's not enough content for me to keep playing. I swear I think this patch will never come out. I think civ 5 will be the end.

As having said before already, I am having some saves on my HD waiting for finalization. Yet I cannot force myself to either touch them again or start a new game, since I am so terribly bored.
And even if I could overcome this, then the many design flaws would just make it impossible to continue with this mess.
I dropped it two weaks ago.

Try out some different mods. It's what's always made the series so great!

Unfortunately, without access to the source code mods cannot salvage the many poor design decisions having been made.
And even with access to the source code, it will take quite some time, until it get's fully interpreted and then improved.
No sense in picking mods right now, if you ask me.

Hey look, it's thread 20'494 about how someone hates Civ 5. Tell us something we don't know or go post your opinion in one of the other 20'493 threads. No need to open up a new one to say the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. Sheeesh!

Moderator Action: Warned for trolling
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Well can you give me your steam account? If you don't like it, why not let others play it?

I'm hooked. Trying to get as many achievements as possible and really enjoy the gameplay. I wish the achievements weren't so underwhelming though. It would have been nice to have a graphic pop up with something meaningful and tell you what you've done.

Cheers.

If you are really that eager to "play" Civ5 then you don't deserve any better than losing some money of your own.
Go and buy the game by yourself.

I let my friends play on my account all the time..... and they love CiV.

I really don't understand if your bored, then why post in the forums? Or even better, why repost a topic thats been talked about several times?
I can understand constructive criticism of the game, in that good criticism helps make the game better, but i cannot understand what the OP was hoping to accomplish with announcing that he was bored.

What exactly is not enough content? First person shooter games play for maybe 40 to 50 hours if your lucky (TC's Convictions had a 10 hour campaign), with low replay value. I'm extremely happy that i got to play CiV for a current 220 hours.

Moderator Action: Warned - do not tell other users whether they should post in this forum
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Well, then feel free to share your account with Skwink Caesar.

Apart from this, sharing accounts is against Steam's rules and comes close to piracy, as far as I see it.

Well, then feel free to share your account with Skwink Caesar.

Apart from this, sharing accounts is against Steam's rules and comes close to piracy, as far as I see it.

I agree, but IMO if i let a kid play it twice, and he buys it the game, i did them Steam, 2k games, Firaxis a favor.

I'm mad, but not a Civ V, I'm mad at my cat. It's sleeping on my foot.

I agree, but IMO if i let a kid play it twice, and he buys it the game, i did them Steam, 2k games, Firaxis a favor.

There seems to be quite a mismatch between your statements and I regard your second statement as an attempt to dilute the obvious meaning of the first one.

Even more surprising is the fact that "defenders" of the game seem to have the least problems with circumventing rules which are put in place to ensure the sales success of the releasing company.

Wow, I'm really happy that I don't like Civ5, otherwise I might be rabidly attacking other posters too... :rolleyes:

Moderator Action: Trolling - warned

I was mad, in the same way that being dumped by the girl you like makes you mad - my long love to the Civ series and Firaxis name got broken.

But I got over that, playing Invictus now, not even thinking about starting Civ5.

So, how is that awesome diplo patch coming? :p

I bought it on the strength of previous games. Never making that mistake again. Thus far three e-mails of complaint to 2K have been ignored.

I am furious that our government cannot seem to get anything useful done and the only time they get anything useful done they put us deeper into debt!!!

.... Oh you mean about CiV? One thing that really turns me away from this game is the sense of impending doom. I always play with raging barbarians on so I have to be on guard all of the time (Civ 4) and the barbarians were tough until I learned that they can do nothing to my cities (Civ 5). Normally I would have barbarian uprisings and have to defend against a huge barbarian horde, now I can just /lol them with the native city defenses... Make Barbarians tough like they used to be in CIV, sometimes barbarians would take over an entire civilization and just start spreading...

Whenever I encountered barbs on Civlization Panzer General, they simply sit looking at me as I attack, heal, attack, heal them to death.

Top Bottom