Who should be the leader of France?

Who should be the leader of France?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex Khan

Chieftain
Napoleon Bonaparte was in Civ 5, so he is excluded!

I expect the new leader of France in Civ 6 to be Louis XIV or Napoleon III. In the reveal trailer appeared painting "Liberty Leading the People" (with censored nipples...aham:D), so is possible that Louis Phillippe will be the new leader .

lol, I imagine how Louis XIV it will look in the new artistic style

Spoiler :

I voted for Louis XIV as well. They talked about personality and he certainly has a loadful of that!!! :)
Napoleon could still make it, I'm not sure we can exclude him for sure...

In the absence of Maximilien Robespierre, I'll have to say Louis XIV.

He better damn say "It's good to be king" at some point in the game as well.

Since the absence of "other" is apparent I won't vote but if it was optional I would advocate Richeilieu because he truly is the Bismarck of France.

Since the absence of "other" is apparent I won't vote but if it was optional I would advocate Richeilieu because he truly is the Bismarck of France.

It'd be funny to use him and have Louis XIII standing behind him waving and grinning like he's photo bombing.:wavey:

I'm fascinated by Napoleon, so would have no qualms if he returned, and
Louis XIV is a BIG personality and always fun, but damn, I'd love to see Henri IV. He was so cool!

I will be extremely disappointed if it's not Louis XIV, one of the biggest (and vainest) personalities in history. ;) Bonus points if his response when defeated is: "Je m'en vais, mais l'État demeurera toujours." :) I would, however, be happy with anyone but Napoleon or Joan of Arc. ;) I'll only accept Louis-Philippe if he's portrayed as a strutting emperor penguin. :D

Voted of Philip Auguste, the greatest medieval French king I believe. Though I think Louis XIV would be the leader instead. I just find Medieval period France to be interesting. Many of the European countries are never represented with their European monarchs in-game.

"Other" added as an option on the poll.

Louis XIV would be a great choice.

Napoleon Bonaparte was in Civ 5, so he is excluded!

I expect the new leader of France in Civ 6 to be Louis XIV or Napoleon III. In the reveal trailer appeared painting "Liberty Leading the People" (with censored nipples...aham:D), so is possible that Louis Phillippe will be the new leader .

I still think Napoleon Bonaparte is one of the most likely choices, alongside Louis XIV. I suppose Louis XIV is probably more likely though.

They could always bring back Joan for the sake of women leaders...

I still think Napoleon Bonaparte is one of the most likely choices

I hope not. With unique great people being a thing now, Napoleon and Alexander should be made Great Generals and let more interesting people lead their respective civs.

No option for Joan of Arc? How insulting!

Considering they're not afraid of using people who never actually ruled their native nation, I consider it pretty likely that she's leading France this time.

Voted for Francis I (Francois Ier), tall guy who ruled over France at a cultural golden age and the beginning of the exploration of America.

Richelieu, François I and Louis XIV are my favourite, and they are probably the most iconic leaders for France.

No option for Joan of Arc? How insulting!

Considering they're not afraid of using people who never actually ruled their native nation, I consider it pretty likely that she's leading France this time.

Voted for Francis I (Francois Ier), tall guy who ruled over France at a cultural golden age and the beginning of the exploration of America.

Given how much flack they received for including her in Civ4, I'd be astonished to see her return. She's certainly a fascinating individual, but she was even less a leader than Gandhi--more like a living banner for the French to rally around. Her achievements were certainly impressive, but again I think she'd be better suited to being a great person or perhaps apostle.

I'd say Joan has a chance. Removing classic leaders also means removing classic FEMALE leaders so they will make up for the deficit somewhere else and Joan was in Civ3 along Cleo and Vicky...

Top Bottom