• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Who want's to be a Civillionaire?

Units list:

Non-Combat Units
Executive (x7)
Explorer
Missionary (x7)
Scout
Settler
Spy
Work Boat
Worker
"Fast Worker (Indian Worker)"

Foot Units
Anti Tank
Archer
"Skirmisher (Malinese Archer)"
"Bowman (Babylonian Archer)"
Axeman
"Phalanx (Greek Axeman)"
"Dog Soldier (Native American Axeman)"
"Vulture (Sumerian Axeman)"
Crossbowman
"Cho-Ko-Nu (Chinese Crossbow)"
Grenadier
Infantry
Longbowman
Maceman
"Samurai (Japanese Maceman)"
"Beserker (Viking Maceman)"
Machine Gun
Marine
"Navy SEAL (American Marine)"
Musketman
"Musketeer (French Musketman)"
"Janissary (Ottoman Musketman)"
"Oromo Warrior (Ethiopian Musketman)"
Paratrooper
Pikeman
"Landsknecht (HRE Pikeman)"
Rifleman
"Redcoat (English Rifleman)"
SAM Infantry
Spearman
"Impi (Zulu Spearman)"
"Holkan (Mayan Spearman)"
Swordsman
"Jaguar (Aztec Swordsman)"
"Praetorian (Roman Swordsman)"
"Gallic Warrior (Celtic Swordsman)"
Warrior
"Quecha (Incan Warrior)"

Mobile/Mounted /Artillery Units
Artillery
Cannon
Catapult
"Hwacha (Korean Catapult)"
Cavalry
"Cossack (Russian Cavalry)"
Chariot
"Immortal (Persian Chariot)"
"War Chariot (Egyptian Chariot)"
Cuirassier
"Conquistador (Spanish Cuiriassier)"
Horse Archer
"Keshik (Mongolian Horse Archer)"
"Numidian Cavalry (Carthaginian Horse Archer)"
Knight
"Camel Archer (Arabian Knight)"
"Cataphract (Byzantine Knight)"
Mechanized Infantry
Mobile Artillery
Modern Armor
Tank
Panzer (German Tank)
Trebuchet
War Elephant
"Ballista Elephant (Khmer War Elephant)"

Naval Units
Attack Submarine
Battleship
Caravel
"Carrack (Portuguese Caravel)"
Carrier
Destroyer
Frigate
Galleon
"East Indiaman (Dutch Galleon)"
Galley
Ironclad
Missile Cruiser
Ship of the Line
Submarine
Stealth Destroyer
Transport
Trireme

Air Units
Airship
Bomber
Fighter
Guided Missile
Gunship
ICBM
Jet Fighter
Tactical Nuke
Stealth Bomber

That's Augustus, the other three you listed are the only three.
Thanks! That was yet another error in need of correction in the reference sheets.

Hey, where's our moderator/score-keeper?

re city commerce:
Don't forget that trade routes also produce commerce.
You can't count that - there's no way to tell what the max is. Pop up 40-resource Sid Sushi to a farmed grasslands with Biology and several Corns in the BFC, match with Globe and NP, and you could get population in the 50's easy. Now, what's its trade value to other cities? and what if all of your city's trade routes are connected to other civs making cities like that?

I think he asked for tiles anyway.

Wealth and Beakers tie with 6:

Wealth:
10% (mall/mint)
25% (grocer/market)
50% (bank)
either 65 or 75% (stock market)
100% (wall street)

beak
10% (monasteries)
25% (Uni)
35% (sewon)
50% (acad)
100% (Oxford)
Nope, it's Wealth for 6.
10% (mint)
20% (mall)
25% (grocer/market)
50% (bank)
65% (stock market)
100% (wall street)

It's the Mall that wins it. Science gets Monastery and Free Religion for 10% (but you only get one here), Production gets State Property for 10% (so it's still got fewer different multipliers than Science), so that's it. Unless it's commerce; I can't remember all the multipliers for that, but I don't think there are 6 different ones.

Hey, where's our moderator/score-keeper?

Right here ;)

Ok, I've found it fairly difficult to decide whether some answers were right or wrong, as some of the questions were pretty complicated and could easily be misinterpreted. Also, there have been multiple answers to some questions as well as many revised answers.

So, I've found the scoring to be extremely difficult, or even impossible. However, here's the list of all those, who have, at least, in my opinion, answered at least one question correctly:

EweezE
eris
majk-iii
CHEESE!
Metal Alloy Man
PaulusIII
mech656
RichardMNixon
zenspiderz
AppleTheMan
say1988
Conqistador

And here are those who appear to have answered correctly to multiple questions and/or have been correcting and completing some of the not-so-exact replies...

Junuxx
Og The Caveman
Firewind
onomastikon
TheDS

Based on my subjective evaluation, this decision is now left free for open questioning and debate.

(Maybe the scoring would be more exact if the questioner gave the points instead of me?)

Next question? ;)

Right here ;)

Ok, I've found it fairly difficult to decide whether some answers were right or wrong, as some of the questions were pretty complicated and could easily be misinterpreted. Also, there have been multiple answers to some questions as well as many revised answers.

So, I've found the scoring to be extremely difficult, or even impossible. However, here's the list of all those, who have, at least, in my opinion, answered at least one question correctly:

EweezE
eris
majk-iii
CHEESE!
Metal Alloy Man
PaulusIII
mech656
RichardMNixon
zenspiderz
AppleTheMan
say1988
Conqistador

And here are those who appear to have answered correctly to multiple questions and/or have been correcting and completing some of the not-so-exact replies...

Junuxx
Og The Caveman
Firewind
onomastikon
TheDS

Based on my subjective evaluation, this decision is now left free for open questioning and debate.

(Maybe the scoring would be more exact if the questioner gave the points instead of me?)

Next question? ;)

May I suggest a question that doesn't take more than 5 sentences worth of typing to answer. Some questions require such an answer it isn't worth answering them in hope of a shorter question. You can ask any reasonably difficult question that doesn't need an answer of more than a paragraph.

It's not my turn, but who cares....

Q: After placing your first city, which is the best possible resource tile you would want to initially work while on population 1? :groucho:

It's not my turn, but who cares....

Q: After placing your first city, which is the best possible resource tile you would want to initially work while on population 1? :groucho:

Oasis food 3 commerce 2.

Q. Which civs have fictitious unique units?

It's the Mall that wins it
Hmmm, for some reason I game the mall 10%.
On the other hand, my initial guess was correct then :)

You can't count that - there's no way to tell what the max is.
Hmmm, I thought I put that same thing in my post. Just pointing out that commerce wasn't purely tile dependent. But we still all forgot 1 thing +8 from Palace.

Oasis food 3 commerce 2.

Q. Which civs have fictitious unique units?

Oh that's easy, Rome. Everyone knows they were called Legions.

HURRRRR

We really should wait for confirmation before continuing on with the questions, since it it making this thread a mess.

About the Trade routes question, does having a castle mean that the trade routes stays with once it is obsolete? If not then it adds another trade route in BtS and that gives one more trade route to the answer and thus it is

Oh that's easy, Rome. Everyone knows they were called Legions.

HURRRRR

Not correct I am afraid. Preatorians were real historical units even tho it IS inappropriate for them to be Rome's unique unit which should be as you say Legionaire (or legion). I am asking for entirely made up unique units with no historical basis.

well not so much fictitious, but somewhat far-fetched and/or (over?)simplified... for the sake of gameplay. (wich isn't so bad is it?) ;

praet's of course
berks (to some extent)
immortals existed... but...
bowmen (difference from "archers" anyone?)

+ many more i suppose, but i'm not sure so this is not supposed to be a "contest-relevant" answer.

It's somewhat doubtful that the ancient Sumerians actually called their infantrymen "Vultures", so I would give that as an answer.

Oh my god when will people get this right, AUGUSTUS CAESAR IS IMP/IND!

Sorry for not doing anything on the thread, but i had to say it.

Oops, was reading from the second page, but still.

This thread has become rather messy, and I have a new idea for improving its clarity and reliability on scoring.

How about:
Everybody keeps sending me their questions with answers in private messages. I then post a bunch of them at regular intervals, maybe 5-7 questions in every three days, and everyone is free to answer them as properly as they can. After the time has passed I shall tell the right answers and give points to people who have guessed right. Only the first correct answer is given points to. So its' not worth to give exactly the same answer as someone has given previously.

Does this sound approvable? ;) So, start sending me questions and answers, please.

QUESTION 1: What is the maximum amount of commerce a tile can produce (ignoring random events)?

This is actually 11 (not 10 as previously stated), I believe.

A town built on a riverside resource (like dye) can get

Town +7 (under free speech + printing press)
riverside +1
financial civ +1
golden age +1
unimproved resource +1

Z

Top Bottom