Why Artrillarys?

Should I build Artys or Bombers?

• Bombers

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Artys

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • What the heck, don't waste your sheilds building them.

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Any good CivIII player will make proper use of all units at his disposal. They all have drawbacks and they all have uses. I am a fan of Air power (bombers) because unlike Artillary they can be moved to any city at any time if needed. Artillary units need an airport to move from and to any city. And that airport that you moved from can only be used once. However, I will use artillary for special purposes and for more slower-paced wars. My war tactics are based on fast paced, tear-em-up stratedgy. Artillary is too slow for that. I will send MA units in to attack and if I find it hard to take a city or position I will isolate it with MI and bring in the big bang (artillary/radar artillary). It serves a primarily defensive and siege role in my military.

Originally posted by Student Driver
Any good CivIII player will make proper use of all units at his disposal. They all have drawbacks and they all have uses. I am a fan of Air power (bombers) because unlike Artillary they can be moved to any city at any time if needed. Artillary units need an airport to move from and to any city. And that airport that you moved from can only be used once. However, I will use artillary for special purposes and for more slower-paced wars. My war tactics are based on fast paced, tear-em-up stratedgy. Artillary is too slow for that. I will send MA units in to attack and if I find it hard to take a city or position I will isolate it with MI and bring in the big bang (artillary/radar artillary). It serves a primarily defensive and siege role in my military.

Artillery cannot be airlifted, and when on one own's continent, it can be faster to transport across rails then to rebase the bombers.

However, bombers can penitrate deep into enemy territory quickly as you descirbe.

I find Bombers a lot more useful, personally, and more efective. Half the time i use artillery ill have 20 lined up outside the enemy city, and literally NONE will hit, im not even kidding, in my last game, NONE of my 20 Artilleries hit, but my Bombers were kicking ass.

Once you get railroads everywhere Artillery gets a lot better because it doesn't matter they're slow, but if you are bringing them with you as you push into enemy territory i find them to be more of a weight than anythign else, as terrain and roads are often damaged or destroyed in wars meaning the Artillery might have its movement limited.

Top Bottom