Why cant you have a 20K victory in your capital?

earendil 1

The Halfelven
I have heard from umerous places that it isnt a good idea to go for a 20K victory in your capital. Also in many strategy articles I read, it doesnt seem like people like have have it in their capital. Why is this???

Because you can't use the 'palace' as a pre-build for Great wonders that you don't have the tech for yet.

Sure, you can use the capital for a 20K win. The 2 culture from the palace doesn't help much, though. If someone beats you to a wonder, and there is no other wonder available, you're in trouble. If it was another city, though, they could switch to building the palace and then switch production to a new wonder when it becomes available.

Prebuilding with the palace is one thing, also you can have another city focus on wonders while your capital is focusing on expansion. However, all my 20K cultural victories have been in the capital, because I can sneak a temple in really early, and after 1000 years, rake in 6 CPT from the Palace and the Temple. Add a few Great Wonders and improvements as early as possible, and you too can pull in 81 culture per turn. (Is that really high? I wonder what others have gotten)

My only 20k culture wins have been in the capital, but that's because the only 20k culture wins I've had have been in OCC games, where my capital was my only city. I lost a wonder or two by not being able to prebuild, but it is doable.

Originally posted by TheNiceOne
My only 20k culture wins have been in the capital, but that's because the only 20k culture wins I've had have been in OCC games, where my capital was my only city. I lost a wonder or two by not being able to prebuild, but it is doable.

So have I! Only I didn't lose out on any wonders. Off course the level was only warlord....;)

The only 20 k wins I done have been in OCC. You want to rush a temple fast. You do lose out a little by not being able to palace pre-build.

Top Bottom