WHy didn't the babylonians dissapear when they lost their ccities?

Dragonator

Chieftain
Recently I finally conquered the second largest empire in the world empire in the world: the Babylonians. But when finally i conquered their last city they didn't go extinct. they no longer have a city or a capital. they just have 4 caravels on the ocean. I would go after them but i have absolutely no navy. I used all my resources to create an army of cavaleries to conquer them.

Can you help me?

The most likely scenario is that they have a settler on one of those boats. They will use it to found a city eventually and you can just go and attack it then :goodjob:

You might want to use Privateers for hunting them. Those are fast units with just enough firepower. Plus, you can make peace with them in the meantime.
Be aware of the flip-risks in any former Babylonian towns. Starving them should be considered.

Because they still remain the settler. Every nation is the same. So, find him, take care of him! :)

Anothe advice:
I bet you got some junky city, abandon it. Then the AI will come, setting up their new home in the space (if there's no more free space on the map). I think they will come very soon. Then, attack!

I think if you give them one of your cities, the AI willl come running towards that city and put the settler safely into the city.

half the continent is empty because i couldn't occupy the cities i conquered and still move forward. the main problem now is the fact that after each turn two-three towns flip to the other side. and that now all the other civs are moving to get MY land in the inner continent so i have to move fast and make new cities over the old ones. happily i have created lots of settlers to do just that.

I'm never fronted with the problem like yours. It's pretty tough. And my suggestion is:
Don't build too many settlers so that it'll do bad to your production. Remember, production is the 1st VITAL factor on winning the game. Produce your combat unit and now you need it badly. Since other civs in, keep your military power and step on it. If you think this way you'll lost something. Don't care. You can regain what you lost as long as you get the fist. If you can't keep the city you conquered, then raze it! Win the Conquer!
Anyway, wish you luck!

well... i rased the cities that i couldn't keep inside the continent but the ones around the coast i kept so that the other civs won't come barging on MY land and claim it as their own. and made quite a few settlers. now i managed to finally eradicate the babylonians but i don't know what to do with the army. i have to rebuild half of my current empire because it is the half that i have just conquered and the other half has lacked behind because i haven't built anything but cavaleries. another problem is the rest of the civs. i wish i could wage war with them but they are all on the other continent and the closest one is my friends, the iroqua, allso th eseccond largest and most powerfull of the other civs empires. allso i have only one ironclad and no transports. and on the side of the continent facing the iroqua i have only one port and that is in the dessert so not much production. i think i will disband much of my army to help with the rebuilding process. another major problem i face is corruption and waste. i have a monarchy now and an empire of over 50 cities. even with the palace at one end of the continent and the forbidden pallace at another i still face about 45-50% corruption and waste WOW!!!. i want to change to democracy but the army is too much of a pain in the...

well... i don't have much time on my hands so i think i will play the rest of the game next year ;)

The most horrible thing is why a civ that dissapears at the begining of a game, even if they don't have settlers or cities (I'm sure of this), they appear in a completely different part of the map with 100 gold and 1 spearman! :( And they always do this at the begining of games!

Top Bottom