Why do you stick to Warlords?

Because I don't own BTS:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Then when are you going to get BtS? That is, if that is the only reason why you still play Warlords.

Hi,

Your posts just brought a question I didn't consider to mind. I'm used to expansions expanding on top of other expansions, but in your post you suggest that you play one expansion or the other, that is BTS or Warlords. Is that correct? You can only play one expansion? Does BTS have everything Warlords does? I was thinking of buying Warlords and then later getting BTS as well thinking I could play with everything Warlords installed + all the new stuff in BTS. Is this not correct? To me it seems silly that you cannot have both and and play them both at the same time i.e. use all the new units, civs, wonders in Warlords as well as BTS at the same time.

BTS has all the contents of warlords except the scenarios. So unless you want to play them, just buy BTS :)

They are somewhat different games. I think it's quite possible to learn how to play at a very high level with espionage, corporations, and others yet not learn to win at high levels with the warlords AI bonuses. If I had switched to BTS the moment it came out, I would not have learned how to play some of the civs, REX, cavalry rush, axe rush, lightbulb, and so on nearly as well. I went from prince-monarch to immortal in that time.

It seems as though deity BTS is easier than deity warlords, so maybe it was worth it.

I still play Warlords only, for two reasons.

One is BTS just does not run well on my computer. Hence when I reload a save it takes several minutes (7-8 plus).

Secondly, probably because of the above reason, I've not much experience of it and although the espionage side of the game looks good, I just cannot get in to it.

Actually, its not just about BTS. I play Warlords over vanilla simply because its a better game and I cannot get used to waging wars in vanilla and not getting a Great General.

BTS has all the contents of warlords except the scenarios. So unless you want to play them, just buy BTS :)

That's what I really wanted to know. So I can build the great wall, play as the Koreans, etc in BTS. Thanks

I have Warlords and BTS. I play Warlords because I'm still learning this infuriating thing, and because BTS won't load on my computer. I got it from Direct2Drive and it's in there somewhere, there's just no shortcut and I don't have the time/inclination to figure out how to load it. I'll just stop wasting money on firaxis and wait for Civ V (and give 'em about a year after that to work out the bugs and patches). I am definitely never getting a game on launch day ever again.

Then when are you going to get BtS? That is, if that is the only reason why you still play Warlords.

I'm going to get it,

when I get it.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, when I get enough money.;)

Just ten dollar's short. >_<

Several reasons:
1. Less bugs than BtS at the moment.
2. It's Civ. I also go back to I, II or III from time to time.
3. Although it's almost the same as BtS, some things work a little bit different in Warlords than in BtS. So I don't agree with the common opinion that if you have BtS you don't need Warlords. Warlords and Vanilla are different versions of Civ IV, that feel and play different in some areas. And both are still worth playing now and then - even if only to get a quick reminder for what has changed.

The Mod - Total Realism.:goodjob:

I dont so I cant vote,lol

I haven't mastered Warlords yet.

How is BtS harder to learn than Warlords? BtS has a strategy guide for every unit and building.:nuke:

I think that if you had BtS over Warlords you would be playing that. ;)

HOF (hall of fame) doesn't take BtS submissions yet so I'll keep playing warlords :)

The major "improvements" in BtS (corporations, espionage, siege unit changes, etc., etc.) don't seem attractive to me, and were pretty buggy (maybe still are?).

So I'm sticking with the game version that I know I enjoy.

I now have enough BUT the best buy I went to was sold out and wal-mart I didn't even see it. Gamestop doesn't carry it yet.

So sad.:cry: :cry: [pissed] [pissed] [pissed] [pissed] :cry: ;) ;)

Top Bottom