Why I can't install any mod in Civ5?

shadow322

Chieftain
Thank you for viewing my question.

I can download mods for civ5 successfully, but after the downloading is complete, people in CFC told me that I should click "browse mods" then click "Installed" on the left above, then the mods I downloaded will be installed into Civ 5 automatically. But in fact, after I download those mods and I click into "installed", there is nothing happening and I can only see " No Mods Installed" on my screen.

Can any one help me install Mods into Civ 5? Thanks a lot.

Did you install civ5 on harddrive C: ?
If you didn't, thats why you can't play the mods.

what is this horrible functionnality?
my OS drive is Q:
my steam drive is R:
I didn't have any places on C: since a few years... so i can't install mods

How can i install civV on c: without reinstalling steam? I have no room on c: for all my steam games.

I just tried a bunch of things to get this to work, but I can't. There's a log file that shows "Access denied" errors on creating a directory.

It might help more if I knew exactly what directory it was trying to create...but probably not.

As far as I can find, nobody's gotten it to work without Steam installed on the same drive as Windows.

Fallout 3 actually had a similar problem with the DLC, but that was caused by it looking in the wrong place for the files and was easily fixed by creating some directory junctions. That doesn't seem to work for this. I would expect that it's something that is easy to fix, but needs a patch. Kinda sucks, because we probably won't see a patch for a while.

You MIGHT be able to use some junctions to easily have Steam installed on one drive while all your games are actually on another, but it's a bit of a hassle, it might break other stuff, and I really don't know if it would fix the problem (Civ5's files themselves would still not be on the Windows drive.)

My OS HD partition is 100gigs, My game drive has 2TB with 960 gigs used about 1/2 of that is steam, there needs to be a better idea I think. lol

There is no way for me to put my steam folder onto my OS partition. I really hope this is a joke.

edit: confirmed..awesome.

Confirmed issue I also have steam on drive E: and the game is on E: but my OS is on C:
No mod will install for me either.

Top Bottom